BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   blackberry possibly nuked? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251262)

kevsdad 07-15-2011 11:10 AM

blackberry possibly nuked?

Hi all,

My 9700 bold has nuked itself, it is stuck in the constant reloop at the startup stage and comes up with the error 507 before trying to reboot again.

what seems to be making my problem so unique is that i have trawled through the pages of how to restore a nuked bb and followed the advice religiously - but,

when i go through the application loader.exe, it does not come up usb pin unknown.
it comes up usb and registers my pin number so when i go to the next screen it then says that there is no software downloaded compatible wi my phone. this is a load of rubbish as i updated my bb desktop manager and downloaded os 6.0 something but all to no avail.

does anyone know how to sort this problem or even how to completely wipe out my phone and reinstall the whole lot without using desktop manager because i have tried over a hundred times and every time the phone initializes when it gets to the jvm part of the sequence the phone switches off again and fails the install.

all advice greatly appreciated

stuart.

aiharkness 07-15-2011 12:32 PM

Re: blackberry possibly nuked?

The 507 error means no device software is installed. The rebooting from that screen is a bad sign, maybe. I have not seen that reported before.

If you have a microSD memory card installed, remove it, and try again.

If you have exposed the device to damp conditions or may have gotten it wet, you may be out of luck. See blackberryfaq.com on what to do if you get your BlackBerry wet, and follow the instructions if a wet BlackBerry is a possibility. Dry the device and then try again.

Otherwise, I don't know, except possibly hardware failure.

stevetaz 07-15-2011 12:35 PM

If you downloaded the OS that is step 1. Did you install it to your PC by double clicking it? If not it cannot be found to do the upgrade.

Dubdub 07-15-2011 02:18 PM

What happened just prior to this happening? Did you drop it or get it wet?

kevsdad 07-16-2011 08:30 PM

Hi, the phone hasnt been in contact with any water or damp, it was working perfectly then i sent a txt and the screen went black and thats when the bb went back to its startup mode.
i dowloaded the jlcmder tonight and have trie that aswell to no avail.
whats happening is the program will only recognise the fone is present when the battery is in and it has loaded up as far as the loading icon bar goes
ten the jml sys connected for literally one second before the connection cuts out exactly when the fone starts its reloop sequence again

so basically the fone doesnt recognise the program long enough to allow it to work. it cuts off immediatley so i am thinking that my phone possibly has a hardware issue?

kevsdad 07-16-2011 08:32 PM

p.s. sorry about the spelling mistakes - wireless keyboard and the battery is dying and its 2.30am in the uk just now lol, just incase anyone thinks i am thick lol

tsac 07-16-2011 08:39 PM

Bad move doing any OS updates from the BB using OTA and relying on the battery.

As stevetaz asked , did you first load the OS on the a PC?

kevsdad 07-17-2011 03:58 AM

yeah the os was loaded onto the system, and it wasnt the fone battey that died, it was my keyboard battery,
the reason i put the battery back into my fone s because when it got to the jvm stage of the setup an error message came up saying it hadnt found the bb and to reconnect and try again

jmwking 07-18-2011 08:06 AM

Have you tried a different USB cable?

-jk
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

ndub33 07-18-2011 06:26 PM

Is the cable connected directly to the PC, or via a hub?