BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   wont power on (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=107696)

CyBeRcR0W 12-02-2007 05:24 PM

wont power on

i was at a party yesterday, because i had some music on my BB8300 i plugged a 3.5mm to RCA cable to flame up the party. i noticed that when i connected the cable the BB restarted i do remember that only the red and white cable where connected the yellow wasn't.

i didn't pay much attention so i disconnected the cable and holstered my BB.

a few hours passed and i wanted to make a phone call and i noticed that the BB was off. i remember that it was fully charged at the party and i had very good signal so i imagine that it couldn't drain that fast. So i disconnected the battery and put it back in, it showed the white background with the rainbow ball icon and then it shut off.

I disconnected the battery again connected back and this time it did nothing.

So i got my wall charger and connected, the light on top of the phone went red, but the screen never showed anything it didn't even light up.

i left it like that over night, this morning i got up, looked at the screen and nothing so i disconnected from power outlet and disconnected battery, put it back in and nothing.

i grabbed the bb and connected to my notebook, and windows doesn't even detect anything. i got the battery out while usb connected to the notebook and nothing.

Any suggestions?

monkeypaw 12-02-2007 05:28 PM

Does the indicator light do anything or is that dead too?

CyBeRcR0W 12-02-2007 06:46 PM

the light wont come on

CyBeRcR0W 12-02-2007 06:51 PM

it doesn't do anything

John Clark 12-02-2007 06:52 PM

That doesn't sound good. Try this:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

JaguarXJ7 12-02-2007 06:59 PM

Sounds like a case of bad wires or possibly wires were hooked up to the output and not the input and gave your BB a good jolt. Either way dude I'd say it's toast. The good thing is that you'll likely have no problem getting a warranty replacement. Just don't tell what actually happened ............... play dumb. i.e. "I dunno what happened! It just won't work anymore!".

CyBeRcR0W 12-02-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 (Post 760502)
Sounds like a case of bad wires or possibly wires were hooked up to the output and not the input and gave your BB a good jolt. Either way dude I'd say it's toast. The good thing is that you'll likely have no problem getting a warranty replacement. Just don't tell what actually happened ............... play dumb. i.e. "I dunno what happened! It just won't work anymore!".

ok, its actually a company phone so i am not worried about info because i have BES. But i hope i don't have to pay anything.

Thank you guys.