BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   dropped in water (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263208)

jayv 01-16-2013 12:23 PM

dropped in water

Hello folks

Can someone please help me. I got a curve 9380 a month later it fail in water immediately after falling in water I removed the battery I blow dried it. Then I putted the battery back in but only the red light flashed twice I tried charging still nothing happened. I left it in a warm place for 3 days still nothing. Can someone please help me I'd really appreciate your help thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 01-16-2013 12:48 PM

Re: dropped in water

Time for a new BlackBerry.

Moving to the correct forum.

NJBlackBerry 01-28-2013 06:26 AM

Wow

robertelsdonnn 04-25-2013 04:26 PM

Buy a bag of dry solid rice, put your phone in a sealed container with the battery and sim card and memory card removed and wait 24 hours. This does work as i have experienced with bold 9900!

dc/dc 04-25-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertelsdonnn (Post 1802711)
Buy a bag of dry solid rice, put your phone in a sealed container with the battery and sim card and memory card removed and wait 24 hours. This does work as i have experienced with bold 9900!

No. It's too late for that.

robertelsdonnn 04-25-2013 04:32 PM

Obviously worth a try. If its broke already, its worth a shot to absorb the liquid.

aiharkness 04-25-2013 06:30 PM

OBE now for certain.

Even back then, it was pretty clear from OP that device had met its demise.

hjmcn 05-04-2013 09:14 AM

I was very lucky with my incident - the 9310, in it's holster, fel in the water. I immediately retreived it, extracting the battery and submersed the device in rice, overnight. In the morning, installed the battery and the device functions as normal. This occurred in November, 2012...

Can someone please help me. I got a curve 9380 a month later it fail in water immediately after falling in water I removed the battery I blow dried it. Then I putted the battery back in but only the red light flashed twice I tried charging still nothing happened. I left it in a warm place for 3 days still nothing. Can someone please help me I'd really appreciate your help thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile[/QUOTE]

dc/dc 05-04-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjmcn (Post 1803028)

[/QUOTE]

It's dead. Buy a new one.