BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   unlocked 9350 configured for ATT - back to Verizon (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=176242)

ptys 02-14-2009 02:00 PM

unlocked 9350 configured for ATT - back to Verizon

Hi All,
Does anyone know what it would take to configure it back for use in Verizon? I got a Storm and since I don't have a plan with Verizon I unlocked it and configured it for use with ATT. I manually installed ATT's service books and changed the APN settings and all is working fine, but if I wanted Verizon again, how do I get Verizon configuration back on? I didn't back up the existing service books when I installed ATT's.

Would it be enough to just manually install Verizon service books (provided I vould get the .ipd file from someone) and type in the original APN settings?

Thanks!

ptys 02-14-2009 02:02 PM

Sorry, that would be 9530!

TroyDBrown 02-14-2009 02:03 PM

Just reactivate the the Verizon service. Change the mobile network back to Global and you should be fine as Verizon will push everything to the device. You only had to do manual steps because AT&T does not support the Storm.

zero7404 02-14-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptys (Post 1285400)
Hi All,
Does anyone know what it would take to configure it back for use in Verizon? I got a Storm and since I don't have a plan with Verizon I unlocked it and configured it for use with ATT. I manually installed ATT's service books and changed the APN settings and all is working fine, but if I wanted Verizon again, how do I get Verizon configuration back on? I didn't back up the existing service books when I installed ATT's.

Would it be enough to just manually install Verizon service books (provided I vould get the .ipd file from someone) and type in the original APN settings?

Thanks!

i think you can set it up for verizon again by just loading the verizon OS 4.7.0.75

zduchene 02-15-2009 05:07 PM

why load 4.7.0.75 when they have 4.7.0.103?

pm me if you can't find the download on the web...

zero7404 02-16-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zduchene (Post 1286551)
why load 4.7.0.75 when they have 4.7.0.103?

pm me if you can't find the download on the web...

is that a beta OS ?

i wouldn't recommend a beta OS to an average phone user. because then when problems arise, they have negative things to say about a device that's running software that's not yet ironed out & official.

i wouldn't mind loading a beta OS, but i'd rather wait for a major jump in feature set before abandoning the current official OS, like a great improvement in the touch interface, and 32GB SD card support.

ptys 02-22-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyDBrown (Post 1285404)
Just reactivate the the Verizon service. Change the mobile network back to Global and you should be fine as Verizon will push everything to the device. You only had to do manual steps because AT&T does not support the Storm.

Cool, thanks. That's good news.

chevez 02-22-2009 11:57 PM

I tried loading the tmo service books onto my unlocked 9530 and that did not help with the edge problem. Does anybody have any troublshooting tips to fix this?