BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Good e-Reader Playbook App Store (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264504)

kozmonaut 06-12-2013 07:02 PM

Good e-Reader Playbook App Store

Hey guys! I am not sure if you guys are aware of what we've been doing or not, for the Playbook. We have the largest BAR File App Market in the World, that have all been converted from their original Android apps.

All of our files have been tested and verified working on the current Playbook OS or the Beta BB10 iteration. You have to use DDPB or the Google Chrome Plugin to get it to work. apps . goodereader . com is the address (this is my first post, so i can't post links)

We have like 10 video tutorials on how to side-load in your own apps, if you have no experience doing it and direct downloads. You don't need to register any kind of account or do anything, other then just download the apps.

Currently, I have a 256,000 viewed thread with over 5,000 comments on Crackberry, and wanted to make you guys here at Blackberry Forums aware of what we're doing.

I'll regularly be stopping by to answer any questions or concerns.

P.S We developed our open APK to BAR convertor online, so you can upload your own Android APK files and have them automatically converted to a BAR file.

John Clark 06-13-2013 11:37 AM

Re: Good e-Reader Playbook App Store

Thanks kozmonaut! I've downloaded quite a few from Good e-Reader and have linked many people to it.

Well done!

JC

John Clark 06-13-2013 11:39 AM

Also, you're welcome to post a similar thread in the Z10/Q10 forums too. This site isn't that busy anymore but a fair amount still visit.

kozmonaut 06-13-2013 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1804537)
Thanks kozmonaut! I've downloaded quite a few from Good e-Reader and have linked many people to it.

Well done!

JC

Thanks John! We spend a few hours a day, testing and posting new apps. We're almost done with our new Playbook/bb10 app client, we have one right now, but it kinda sucks. It was designed with the Playbook in mind, but looks gross on the Z10/Q10. We revised and simplified the UI/GUI and removed a to of graphics. You can get a sense of what it will look like here on the attachment

John Clark 06-13-2013 02:49 PM

I have the app on my Playbook but found it a little clunky. I just use DDPB and have a folder on my computer with all my bar files. I convert many myself since I haven't always found them on Good e-Reader. It's definitely the best site for .bar files, though, bar none! (pun intended!)

kozmonaut 06-13-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1804554)
I have the app on my Playbook but found it a little clunky. I just use DDPB and have a folder on my computer with all my bar files. I convert many myself since I haven't always found them on Good e-Reader. It's definitely the best site for .bar files, though, bar none! (pun intended!)

if you ever convert and get working apps we don't have, send them over to me for inclusion! I can convert them myself, or you can just send me a zip file! This way, more people can benefit! You can send them directly to me at [email address]

i agree the app is clunky, the new app, is dope.

John Clark 06-13-2013 10:24 PM

Will do!

PJD642 06-14-2013 12:58 PM

Just a +1 for Koz's website...I've downloaded several 'droid apps they've converted for use on my Q10. All have worked exactly as they should, and Koz has quite a good selection and quantity of apps available.

kozmonaut 06-14-2013 07:39 PM

if you guys have any specific app requests, lemme know!

torgadget 06-23-2013 11:07 PM

Fongo (free calling), please!!