BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Unusual 9320 start-up problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265629)

edmsteel 12-07-2013 08:48 AM

Unusual 9320 start-up problem

Yesterday I noticed my phone had automatically turned off the setting for searching for phone signal (it had never done this before and I'd be fine phoning people earlier that day). I went to switch the setting back on in the connections menu and it just shut down.

It now won't start-up properly. The red light turns on for 20 seconds, then goes off again, the screen and keyboard light up and the blackberry loading bar appears (the loading bar doesn't move) and then everything goes blank again. This repeats itself for as long as the battery is in the phone.

On the rare occasion the loading bar will stay on-screen and show progress, and has even reached the end, shown me my wallpaper and then turned off again.
I've attempted a battery pull as well as plugging in to the charger or my computer. These do nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Dubdub 12-07-2013 09:19 AM

Re: Unusual 9320 start-up problem

Have you let the battery run down past 20% on a regular basis ?

Have you dropped the device or has it gotten wet?

edmsteel 12-07-2013 09:59 AM

Yeah, I usually allow the battery to run quite low before I charge it. I'm pretty certain it's not the battery as when charging the same thing occurs. I did wonder about the red light, since doesn't that come on when the phone is charging?

Certainly haven't dropped and pretty certain it's not gotten wet.

edmsteel 12-07-2013 12:52 PM

After a little bit more fiddling I've found that, when plugged into the charger with the battery disconnected, it'll show the no battery symbol for as long as I leave it plugged in. If I put the battery back in (while showing the no battery symbol) it goes blank, then does the usual red light on for 20 seconds and then shows the loading bar and goes blank.

Dubdub 12-07-2013 11:11 PM

Replace the battery with an OEM version for your specific device, not a cheap knock off. Letting a Lithium battery go past 20% regularly can damage it. Sounds like the problem you are having.

tsac 12-08-2013 10:54 AM

You can only lead them to water you cannot make them drink:?

edmsteel 12-21-2013 12:39 AM

Changing the battery had no effect. Any other suggestions?

tsac 12-21-2013 01:44 PM

You have some type of power problem. Either the power connector is defective or the charger your using is bad. The easy thing to try is another charger.
If that does not work that leaves the power connector or something electronic inside.

Replace the phone