BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HTML email (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=90641)

plipper 08-15-2007 12:38 PM

HTML email

Does anyone know when HTML email will be available? Its frustrating to constantly be getting emails with links as opposed to the embedded information.:cry:

BlackBerryCoolSimon 08-15-2007 03:00 PM

Check out Empower until RIM integrates the feature. It does the job pretty well.

jeremyckitching 08-15-2007 03:09 PM

I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail. Like BlackBerryCoolSimon said, Empower is a good choice, as is BlackBerry Smart, for viewing the e-mails in HTML format.

jibi 08-15-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching (Post 634500)
I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail.

For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.

jeremyckitching 08-15-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 634519)
For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.

Cool beans. I might have to get back on the BES bandwagon. ExchangeMyMail, here I come!

Jagga 08-15-2007 07:24 PM

Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Quote:

For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Man I CANNOT wait!

BB8820 or 8320 or better yet if Pearl 2 show's up with WiFi & 3.2MP camera (I pray with auto focus - to replace my SE K790: screen is soo small coming form a Pearl) - I'll be a happier than a prince in the finest Harem!

timb00 08-15-2007 09:45 PM

I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?

penguin3107 08-16-2007 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timb00 (Post 634851)
I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?

Please start your own topic rather than hijacking someone elses.
Your questions have nothing to do with HTML email on the Blackberry.

(For the sake of answering... you can't wirelessly sync contacts and calendar on a BlackBerry without having BES.)

ArgonNJ 08-16-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Full PIM sync with Google mail, calendar and contacts would be the tits. 8-)

lawizard 08-16-2007 02:14 PM

I think my dreams are coming true! Natively syncing with Google and Yahoo would be the bomb! I can't wait. I use Gcalsync and still can't get the time zones to sync correctly and I use Empower for my HTML email.(See I was paying attention to the heading of this thread!) : )

Heavy Doody 08-17-2007 04:14 PM

Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.

penguin3107 08-17-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Doody (Post 636689)
Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.

Good info in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...l-viewers.html