BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Call Waiting on Unlocked Storm AT&T (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=215254)

DH3 12-30-2009 08:41 PM

Call Waiting on Unlocked Storm AT&T

I recently unlocked a BB Storm 9530. It has full functionality including the browser. However, I cannot get the Call Waiting and Call Forwarding functions to work.

When I'm on a call and another call comes in I can click over to the second call, but I never have the option to click back over to the first. I have tried "enabling" the call waiting function, but it is not even showing under the menu. Neither does the call forwarding option.

Can anyone help in this matter???? Thanks!

tsac 12-31-2009 06:09 PM

Do you have this BB on a Data plan with ATT? If so those options should be available under the phone Icon in options. Each is listed and you select how each functions.

Welcome to the Forums

DH3 12-31-2009 06:26 PM

Yes, it is on data plan with ATT. I've been a BB user for several years now. I have always had no trouble enabling and using the function of call waiting. However, when I unlocked the Storm the function is no longer available. These are the steps I have tried:

Home>Menu>Phone>Menu>Options

The following options are available:

General Options, Voice Mail, Call Logging, Smart Dialing, Speed Dial Numbers, TTY, Enhanced Audio, Sounds

However, the Call Waiting and Call Forwarding functions are not listed as an option.

Ideas??

tsac 12-31-2009 08:06 PM

The options although listed on the BB are network functions. It may be possible the Storm OS level does not function the same on the ATT network. You could try a different OS level if one is available you want to try.

You will notice in the following info from RIM, the requirement to "send" this info to the cell network so it may be OS related.
I know this is not much but maybe it will help.

Call forwarding
About call forwarding
Depending on your wireless service provider, one or more call forwarding phone numbers might already be available on your SIM card or
BlackBerry® device. You might not be able to change or delete these phone numbers or add new ones.
For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
Forward calls
To perform this task, your wireless service provider must set up your SIM card or BlackBerry® device for this service.
1. From the Home screen, press the Send key.
2. Press the Menu key.
User Guide Phone
3. Click Options.
4. Click Call Forwarding.
5. Perform one of the following actions:
• To forward all calls to a call forwarding number, select the Forward All Calls option. Change the Forward All Calls field to a call
forwarding number.
• To forward unanswered calls only, verify that the Forward All Calls field is set to Do Not Forward. Change the If Busy, If No
Reply, and If Not Reachable fields to a call forwarding number.
6. Press the Menu key.
7. Click Save.
To stop forwarding calls, change the Forward All Calls field to Do Not Forward.
Add a call forwarding phone number
To perform this task, your wireless service provider must set up your SIM card or BlackBerry® device for this service.
2. Press the Menu key.
3. Click Options.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click New Number.
7. Type a phone number.
8. Press the Enter key.
9. Press the Menu key.
10. Click Close.

Change a call forwarding phone number
You can only change call forwarding phone numbers that you have added.
2. Press the Menu key.
3. Click Options.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Edit Numbers.
7. Highlight a phone number.
8. Press the Menu key.
9. Click Edit.
10. Change the phone number.
11. Press the Enter key.

Delete a call forwarding phone number
You can only delete call forwarding phone numbers that you have added.
2. Press the Menu key.
3. Click Options.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Edit Numbers.
7. Click a phone number.
8. Click Delete.

Delete a call forwarding phone number
You can only delete call forwarding phone numbers that you have added.
2. Press the Menu key.
3. Click Options.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Edit Numbers.
7. Click a phone number.
8. Click Delete.

DH3 12-31-2009 08:15 PM

How would I put a new OS on?

tsac 12-31-2009 08:37 PM

Try this post

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-jl_cmder.html

Also be sure you back everything up first. You also need the latest desktop manager.
I would read the posts on the Storm to see what the latest levels are. Another thing that is important, very important!!!!. I dont know what will happen to an unlocked BB with an OS not intended for it so stay within the proper OS for the Storm