BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   IM+ All-in-One Messenger v.5.0 beta-testing (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=80310)

SHAPE 06-08-2007 07:59 AM

IM+ All-in-One Messenger v.5.0 beta-testing

SHAPE Services is pleased to invite you to the new IM generation.

Participate in the beta round and experience more and better features than ever before.

The approach was to make the application as easy-to-use as possible.
We took into account your requests and our experience and designed IM+ with improved usability, better stability and powerful connectivity.
Some of the new features include:
- Improved UI, new sophisticated design! Original style!
- Active notifications; Click on the envelope at the top of the screen and open a list of new messages
- Press and hold. A list of contacts with active chats will be displayed.
- Online alerts. Set personalized online alerts for contacts.
- Improved emoticons
- List of missed events
- Send history by e-mail or store as a file (4.2 OS)
- Improved navigation (4.2 OS)
- New sounds for events
- Application icon changes when a new message is received (4.2 OS only)
- Contact list filter
And many more!

We welcome all beta-testers! The most active participants of beta testing will get free license codes. The rest of the beta testers will receive a 20% discount on the next purchase of IM+.

Please follow this link to download the version:
SHAPE Services - IM+ for BlackBerry RIM devices :: BlackBerry :: Products

With any comments, bug reports or suggestions, please reply to this forum, or simply e-mail us at betatest(a)shapeservices.com

Best Regards
SHAPE

option94 06-08-2007 08:03 AM

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I can't und the link for the beta.

SHAPE 06-08-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by option94 (Post 561718)
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Please check here:
SHAPE Services - IM+ for BlackBerry RIM devices :: BlackBerry :: Download

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services

JSanders 06-08-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by option94 (Post 561718)

Hmm... looks like they have been examining JiveTalk to see what new features are needed... likewise, this cost $20 more than JiveTalk.

rkkeller 06-08-2007 08:37 AM

I think this is great. I already paid for IM+ so this will be nice.

Cant wait until its available OTA as the wap site only has version 4.3 on it.

SHAPE 06-08-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkkeller (Post 561750)
I think this is great. I already paid for IM+ so this will be nice.

Cant wait until its available OTA as the wap site only has version 4.3 on it.

OTA download will be available soon.
We will let you know.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services

SHAPE 06-08-2007 09:20 AM

Links for OTA download

See links for OTA download here.

For OS 4.1

http://wap.shapeservices.com/downloa...n/IM_2_BES.jad

For OS 4.2

http://wap.shapeservices.com/downloa...0/IM_2_BES.jad

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype

flash24 06-08-2007 09:28 AM

I think the right now the only way to beat jivetalk is if the competition has more features, reliable, and cheaper than Jive-Talk, but other than that I think Jive-Talk will be hard to beat.

teamcrn 06-08-2007 09:52 AM

I have dowloaded the beta and will report back once i get service. NO cellphone service @ work. I am into free solutions so i probably wont buy but i will try and provide as much feedback as possible.

flash24 06-08-2007 09:55 AM

it has myspace IM... that's a cool feature.

onth 06-08-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 561726)
Hmm... looks like they have been examining JiveTalk to see what new features are needed... likewise, this cost $20 more than JiveTalk.

Victoria,

No offense but just out of curiosity. Since this is just release for beta testing, why does your company already start selling it? Who would pay for a beta version whilst JiveTalk for example is $20 cheaper and with a outstanding full version?

For me, I rarely download anything that just offer 7-days trial period, especially for the IM program.

lraed74 06-08-2007 11:01 AM

I've loaded 5.0 and while it loads, it wont connect to AOL/AIM. Are you able to connect to multiple AIM names at once with this version?

As onth said, no offense, but hopefully there would be the capibility for mutilple(service) connects as JiveTalk does and it being lower in cost.

SHAPE 06-08-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onth (Post 561871)
Victoria,

No offense but just out of curiosity. Since this is just release for beta testing, why does your company already start selling it? Who would pay for a beta version whilst JiveTalk for example is $20 cheaper and with a outstanding full version?

We are selling IM+ for several years.
The beta is 5.0, and we have had 4.x, 3.x and so on before.
Beta is free. Release version 4.3 is being sold on our site.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype

SHAPE 06-08-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lraed74 (Post 561941)
I've loaded 5.0 and while it loads, it wont connect to AOL/AIM. Are you able to connect to multiple AIM names at once with this version?

As onth said, no offense, but hopefully there would be the capibility for mutilple(service) connects as JiveTalk does and it being lower in cost.

We are going to add miltiple accounts support. Not in this version, but it will be definitely done.

If you cannot connect, please submit us a support request from IM+ selecting Support / Send request.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services

teamcrn 06-08-2007 12:45 PM

I have the same issue i went through all the steps and got a reconecting message several times before i gave up and went back into the office

don.new 06-08-2007 04:49 PM

I can't get it to connect to the server. I tried everything. UPDATE: Working now - It seems that the auto-configure wouldn't get the right connection settings, but manual selection worked.

sele 06-08-2007 05:54 PM

I was having trouble getting it to connect as well. But once I ran the automatic connector I chose manual and then selected the default-BIS which was listed 2nd in the list. Bingo, connects with no problem now. Nice looking app, I am running it in the background now to see how much battery it eats on my 8703e.

teamcrn 06-08-2007 08:49 PM

i have now got it to connect to aim with no issue's. i am running it in the background and it seems to be cool.

don.new 06-08-2007 09:15 PM

Yes, battery, good point. The IM+ Skype program kills my 8700g battery. I hope this one does not.

camaxtli 06-08-2007 11:16 PM

I use a 7290 and the LED status, though enabled, doesn't work. Submitted help on bb.
I do however enjoy the translation. That is a huge plus for me.

6/11/07 edit: i figured i would edit than add to thread. I am pleased with their quick response to my questions and as i have said already the translator is a huge plus for ME. Maybe thats why the price is what it is. While I have tried JT and Yak-On(currently own) and was very impressed with JT and not to mention the price is awesome, it just seems that for at least me the IM + suits me better. Just my 2 cents.