BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   "Activation Required" how to remove? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=163457)

Tom 12-05-2008 02:19 AM

"Activation Required" how to remove?

Has anyone figured out a way to remove the "Activation Required" header as opposed to network name?

I am tired of looking at it.:razz:

MJabri 12-15-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1197110)
Has anyone figured out a way to remove the "Activation Required" header as opposed to network name?

I am tired of looking at it.:razz:

I'm having the same issue :(

koki 12-15-2008 03:30 PM

did you try *228 then push 1 when prompt.. might do the trick

chrisb3 12-15-2008 03:46 PM

Activating the phone usually fixes that. ;)

crisambo 12-15-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisb3 (Post 1210332)
Activating the phone usually fixes that. ;)

either that or turn off Mobile Data-> Data Services . . .

peterjmc 12-24-2008 07:05 PM

Anyone with an answer?

I can't activate the line because I'm using the 9530 on T-Mobile. Activation would require me to have Verizon service.

pastor_rob 12-24-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjmc (Post 1222080)
Anyone with an answer?

I can't activate the line because I'm using the 9530 on T-Mobile. Activation would require me to have Verizon service.

Let me get this right ... you are wondering why a "VERIZON" ONLY phone which the 9530 is ... which is being used by you on a T-Mobile server ... is saying you have to activate on Verizon for complete use????

You have two choices ... you will need to activate on Verizon ... or you can enjoy the "Need to Activate" requirement ... while you use it on T-Mobile.

By the way:

I have the same problem ... I want to have all the channels that DirectTV offers ... but I want to use it on my DISH network satellite ... and I want to pay the $19.95 special price that DISH is offering to DISH subscribers ... while getting all the benefits of DirectTV including the NFL Sunday Ticket from DirectTV. Can anyone help me??? :?

Thanks in advance!!!

:idea:

cybermikey3 12-25-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastor_rob (Post 1222104)
Let me get this right ... you are wondering why a "VERIZON" ONLY phone which the 9530 is ... which is being used by you on a T-Mobile server ... is saying you have to activate on Verizon for complete use????

You have two choices ... you will need to activate on Verizon ... or you can enjoy the "Need to Activate" requirement ... while you use it on T-Mobile.

By the way:

I have the same problem ... I want to have all the channels that DirectTV offers ... but I want to use it on my DISH network satellite ... and I want to pay the $19.95 special price that DISH is offering to DISH subscribers ... while getting all the benefits of DirectTV including the NFL Sunday Ticket from DirectTV. Can anyone help me??? :?

Thanks in advance!!!

The phone is cdma,gsm....which means it is not VERIZON only if it is unlocked. I use this device on tmobile and do not have this issue, does your browser and all that work? Mine works 100% if yours doesnt I know a link to help you out, if everything is working fine go on mytmobile.com and go to blackberry email set up and put in your pin and imei, should work. Oh and it could be referring to bes, go to advanced options then enterprise activation and make sure all the fields are blank, could be trying to connect to bes, just a thought.

Why are you being so hard on the guy for asking a question? you verizon people are all the same, just cause you got "the network" you guys think your all that....drives me insane. Oh and btw, I used the phone on verizon then cancelled. Their so called 3g is embarrassing because even when my tmobile is on GPRS and not EDGE, the browser works just as fast. hahaha

TroyDBrown 12-25-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastor_rob (Post 1222104)

By the way:

Thanks in advance!!!

Wow bitter? You pay for a phone and unlock it; it is yours to do what you want with. You are implying theft here and there is none. Take a deep breath and relax.

cybermikey3 12-25-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyDBrown (Post 1223008)
Wow bitter? You pay for a phone and unlock it; it is yours to do what you want with. You are implying theft here and there is none. Take a deep breath and relax.

Agreed, and I dont think he is implying theft, he is implying that you have to get the "network" or it wont work properly. He needs to learn before he speaks.

TroyDBrown 12-25-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybermikey3 (Post 1223012)
Agreed, and I dont think he is implying theft, he is implying that you have to get the "network" or it wont work properly. He needs to learn before he speaks.

You are correct I miss read that part, no theft. I also have a 9530 on T-Mobile and love it.

FYI I think once the CDK 4.7 comes out theme builders will be able to remove that message.

cybermikey3 12-25-2008 10:07 PM

haha troy are you having that problem to? i am not if anyone here is message me and i will try to help.

TroyDBrown 12-25-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybermikey3 (Post 1223035)
haha troy are you having that problem to? i am not if anyone here is message me and i will try to help.

Mine is working great loving it and no activation message.

hudres 12-25-2008 10:48 PM

Look at the bright side: There is a guy from Germany(on another thread) with an unlocked Verizon phone and using it on Rogers and he has no caller id. Which would you rather have: An annoying message or no caller id? Or you could switch to Verizon.....73

Calix 12-27-2008 02:10 PM

Here is how to fix this issue:

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu add your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate.

cscotty 01-07-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calix (Post 1224486)

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu add your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate.

Anyone verified this yet? I am having the same issue, but I would like to know the success rate :)

xxxmerlinxxx 01-07-2009 12:25 PM

Yes what Calix said works just fine.

cdw5510 01-07-2009 02:31 PM

Fun stuff people. I agree with the poster about if you buy it and want to get rid of it get on VZW. It is like buying a Saab and going to a Mercedes to get it serviced. Just messing with everyone...

Biffer314 01-08-2009 04:24 PM

Calix, you are a GENIOUS! That was driving me nuts! Thanks!!!

rumbee1545 01-19-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calix (Post 1224486)

I tried this but this whole page of options came up... I don't understand how to "Go to Menu add your phone number" part....

Btw, I bought this global phone on Ebay from a seller who says it's unlocked. I popped in my SIM card and it says Activation Required at the top and it won't even read my SIM card... Is it even unlocked?