BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   OS Prob!!!! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=249384)

adnanjsr 05-26-2011 02:17 PM

OS Prob!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530 by Verizon Wireless with OS v5.0.0.328 installed in it. Now, I have shifted to London and wants to install the OS of Vodafone here. I have tried everything which has been said in this following websites:

How to Install Beta/Other Carrier OS on Your Blackberry | eHow.com

How to Install an Unsupported Blackberry OS

How to Install Blackberry OS update [Either it's official or non-official OS update version] | Best Blackberry

I did as said by the above website but every time i get a message that "No Software Update found for your device". I have also wiped my BB with JL_Cmder v1.9 but no avail. I have BlackBerry Desktop Software 6 with Windows 7 installed on my PC. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Motorcycle Mama 05-26-2011 05:18 PM

Re: OS Prob!!!!

Don't shout.

When you download the device OS from one of the links you posted, did you follow ALL the steps listed?

Did you run the .EXE file on your computer to install the device OS to your computer?

Did you delete ALL the instances of the vendor.xml file from your computer?

Did you try using the Loader.exe instead of BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

And lastly, why exactly are you trying to load a different OS? The vendor specific items don't get loaded to the device that way.

MERK350Z 05-26-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnanjsr (Post 1723840)
Hello Everyone,

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530 by Verizon Wireless with OS v5.0.0.328 installed in it. Now, I have shifted to London and wants to install the OS of Vodafone here. I have tried everything which has been said in this following websites:

How to Install Blackberry OS update [Either it's official or non-official OS update version] | Best Blackberry

I did as said by the above website but every time i get a message that "No Software Update found for your device". I have also wiped my BB with JL_Cmder v1.9 but no avail. I have BlackBerry Desktop Software 6 with Windows 7 installed on my PC. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

The vodafone OS is for the 9500 which i used to have it is not the same as the 9530 . the 9500 is only GSM so you really cant load that OS on to a device thats CDMA and GSM

Dubdub 05-26-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnanjsr (Post 1723840)
Hello Everyone,

Please update your profile to show the correct model number of your device, not the nick name.

As for how to install a new OS, read this: How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

And as previously mentioned, the OS is device specific. Since you have a 9530, you can only load an OS made for the 9530.

Why do you feel the need to load a Voda OS?