BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Time for a Stoning (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=254712)

TBOLTRAM 10-21-2011 07:57 AM

Time for a Stoning

As some of the more religious types want to go back to old time biblical based law I suggest this guy would be a good place to start. As I understand it false prophets were killed and I think this guy fits the bill as a false prophet as he has failed more than once in his predictions.

I wonder what the best size rock would be?

Doomsday forecast fizzles out ... again - Technology & science - Science - msnbc.com

NJBlackBerry 10-21-2011 08:04 AM

Re: Time for a Stoning

Thou shalt not kill.
But it doesn't say ANYTHING about humiliating and laughing at clowns.

TBOLTRAM 10-21-2011 10:10 AM

Actually it says "thou shall not murder". Killing is acceptable under certain circumstances. A small point but a point never the less.

NJBlackBerry 10-21-2011 10:39 AM

Presuming that Harold Camping has read the bible many, many times, he should agree!

daphne 10-21-2011 10:44 AM

Some good old fashioned stocks might work.
Stocks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:

Stocks are devices used in the medieval times as a form of physical punishment involving public humiliation. The stocks partially immobilized its victims and they were often exposed in a public place such as the site of a market to the scorn of those who passed by. Since the purpose of putting offenders in the stocks was to expose them to ridicule and mockery, passers-by were encouraged to throw at those being punished mud, rotten eggs, mouldy fruit and vegetables, smelly fish, offal, and excrement (both animal and human). Consequently, many of those who sat in the stocks were very dirty and smelly by the time that they were let out.

NJBlackBerry 10-21-2011 10:46 AM

I presume that all of us should have instantly vanished some time earlier today.

TBOLTRAM 10-21-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1751576)
Some good old fashioned stocks might work.
Stocks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually part of the punishment of using stocks is that the person involved does not get time out to go potty. Soiling yourself in public was part of the fun.

On the other hand (bad pun intended) the idea of slinging poo on some of these clowns does have a certain charm to it. I wonder if points were awarded for "good aim."

I wonder if the guy will have another stroke, heart attack or some form of mental breakdown now that he has failed twice in his predictions.

daphne 10-21-2011 08:21 PM

I think he's seriously mentally broken already. Doesn't he hear voices and have visions? Maybe he needs anti-psychotic meds.

TBOLTRAM 10-22-2011 07:07 AM

Well, its Saturday and we are still all here. Maybe the guy should be considered processed by the devil and we get to burn him alive to save his soul. Sounds like an interesting media event to me.

I have very little tolerance for clowns like this.

rambo47 10-23-2011 03:05 PM

Lets just ship his butt to Lybia and hang an "I Love Quadaffi" sign around his neck. The over/under on his survival is about 5 minutes.

dc/dc 10-24-2011 07:44 PM

Stoning - YouTube

TBOLTRAM 10-25-2011 07:12 AM

A classical sketch from the masters. Only unrealistic bit was the lack of blood. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. :razz:

dc/dc 10-25-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1752179)
A classical sketch from the masters. Only unrealistic bit was the lack of blood. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. :razz:

The Black Knight scene in The Holy Grail more than made up for the lack of blood in this scene. :p

TBOLTRAM 10-26-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1751928)
Lets just ship his butt to Lybia and hang an "I Love Quadaffi" sign around his neck. The over/under on his survival is about 5 minutes.

Lybia, is that next to Clitisstan?

dc/dc 10-26-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1752335)
Lybia, is that next to Clitisstan?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

TBOLTRAM 10-27-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1752366)
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

You have to be careful as we are going down a slippery path here. This explains why you were on the floor.