BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What is your "most" wanted, unwritten application? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=130972)

JSanders 05-20-2008 06:18 PM

What is your "most" wanted, unwritten application?

Give me some ideas... what is the biggest application need out there in our BlackBerry world (that hasn't already been filled)?

List them here--I am curious as to need, not debate over whether "everyone" needs that application, but just your need.

Such as, examples:
-Automatic TimeZone Change application
-Threaded SMS viewer
-Automatic wallpaper changer

Thanks!

Dawg 05-20-2008 06:22 PM

one that will make me a chicken salad sandwich and get me a beer.

JSanders 05-20-2008 06:25 PM

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

So, threadpoops are not reserved only for the OffTopic area? ;-)

Dawg 05-20-2008 06:27 PM

I was serious lol I really cant think of anything else that I need thats not already out

Technocracy 05-20-2008 06:29 PM

I prefer pizza, but a Personal Information Manager will do, thank you.

Thatzmister2u 05-20-2008 06:34 PM

Not my needs or desires but thinking about member questions here:

1.) The ability to secure select applications without locking the entire device.
(I think this would be a BIG hit)

2.) Threaded SMS

3.) Disable the camera sound (something that might essentially put the speaker on mute as I don't think you can make the BB stop trying to produce the sound)

ma077146 05-20-2008 06:35 PM

I would really like to see a PIM manager similar to the Palm Desktop.

rivviepop 05-20-2008 06:42 PM

An on device, native, normal regular Adobe PDF reader just like every other (smart) mobile device already has; when I moved from Nokia S60 to BlackBerry I couldn't believe how lacking the devices were for people to read PDFs off the SD card, it's horrible.

(not some server based solution, not email, not some hacky "let's make GIFs", not a payware - a free, normal Adobe PDF reader. that's it, nothing more)

snape 05-20-2008 06:59 PM

1) A really good list program, similar to ListPro for WM. I'm able to do a lot of my list stuff in ideaMatrix, but something more robust would be welcome.

2) Good document support (Word & Excel.) I haven't looked at the status of Docs To Go lately, so maybe that fits the bill...

3) Something that lets me zoom into a PDF without it getting all blurry. I put a PDF copy of my airline confirmation info into my 'Berry, but couldn't read it well enough to actually use it. Fortunately, I had also brought along a paper copy (because I'm just a little bit Type A.)

It's possible there are already apps to meet these needs and I just haven't found them yet.

Spamdumpster 05-20-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 937738)
one that will make me a chicken salad sandwich and get me a beer.

The power of suggestion is amazing. My wifeopened a bottle of wine and then remembered she had her book club tonight. So I'm getting ready to watch the Celts/Pistons, drinking this wine she opened, and my thoughts are wandering, a little cloudy -- what's life all about, why are we here, etc. Then I see this post, and I realize what was bothering me -- I wanted a beer, not the wine.

cjcarbone 05-20-2008 07:51 PM

SMS threaded messaging. Same as the Treo... Like a Chat, not adding the last few SMS to the list, pretty much like SMS Messenger

d_fisher 05-20-2008 07:57 PM

I would like one that allows a BES connected BlackBerry to be remotely controlled/modified.

Edhoru 05-20-2008 08:56 PM

A local PDF reader

camaro322hp 05-20-2008 09:28 PM

Wirelessly posted

My top 2 wants would be:

- clock that adjusts to local time zone

- quiet camera

But I think those 2 would be best implemented in a BB OS (even though it might never happen)

I would also like to see a flashlight that uses the camera flash.

justajason 05-20-2008 10:26 PM

A calculator, with a ribbon type screen. Would make my life easier...

p.s. a PDF reader would be great too....

Cory Scheuer 05-20-2008 10:31 PM

some to manage my business a little easier... like a program that lets you have a check box beside the title and then you can name the check box...something like this

title here.... paid? (checkbox here) Done? (check box here) etc etc

but all that for one line and the next would be the same just different title... make sense?

hnsimpson 05-20-2008 11:17 PM

A PIM or project manager that keeps track of communication (phone and email) to certain parties.

Instead of a PIM I guess it would be more of a CYA.

-simpson

/long day

Iare Tosevite 05-20-2008 11:22 PM

Tiny program that captures all audio output and makes bb vibrate based on audio patterns.

That would allow people to differate between phone ring vibrate and email vibrate as well as other events.

penpower 05-21-2008 12:11 AM

I hope I don't ask too much - a built-in concurrent/multi-alarms application by RIM

daphne 05-21-2008 12:29 AM

I would go for the threaded SMS viewer and the ability to forward the SMS thread by email. But I think RIM ought to include that on the device. Automatic time zone change should be built in, too.