BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Every time I update- Facebook app icon comes back (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264082)

WalkingToaster 04-15-2013 04:39 PM

Every time I update- Facebook app icon comes back

I don't want Facebook or Twitter links returning to my home screen after every single tiny update.

If I didn't want it the first time, making it come back again and again isn't going to change my mind and suddenly want to use them.

How can I stop this happening?

NJBlackBerry 04-15-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Every time I update- Facebook app icon comes back

You can't. Create a folder called JUNK or RIM or something and then move the apps you don't want into it.

Then, when it updates it won't create new icons.

There is no way to suppress that poor behavior.

Dubdub 04-15-2013 06:06 PM

Or just hide it.

WalkingToaster 04-15-2013 07:30 PM

@Dubdub: you can't hide icons on BB10.

Thanks for the tip, NJBlackBerry. That's good enough. One garbage folder for everything- I can leave this out the 3rd app screen where I won't even see it.

I'm guessing their sponsors pay more money for these persistent icons which keep coming back. Oh well.

NJBlackBerry 04-15-2013 07:45 PM

You can only hide icons (and folders) in older, obsolete versions of the BlackBerry OS.

Keep Moving.

ejmm22 04-16-2013 12:31 PM

If you delete those apps the phone will keep saying it has an optional update. I did what these users are telling you, create a "junk" folder and put all of those annoying apps in there (Facebook, twitter, four squares, etc, etc)

NJBlackBerry 04-16-2013 01:03 PM

Wow

WalkingToaster 04-21-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1802279)
If you delete those apps the phone will keep saying it has an optional update. I did what these users are telling you, create a "junk" folder and put all of those annoying apps in there (Facebook, twitter, four squares, etc, etc)

So THAT'S what that 10MB update was that didn't change anything else! :-o

Sneaky.

hrbuckley 04-25-2013 06:37 AM

I've deleted some of my Rogers Crapware. The updates offered are small (mine are 4MB), labeled Application Updates and have the same version number I'm all ready running. I've said no thanks a couple of times, and now they leave me alone.