BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Network Outages - powered by DataOutages.com (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Outage on June 4? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=259829)

acoustix 06-04-2012 03:42 PM

Outage on June 4?

I'm having issues sending and looking up addresses on random BB's in the company. We're running BES 5.0.3 MR7. It appears to be affecting multiple handheld OS versions (5-7.1). We have not changed or applied updates within the last 1.5 weeks.

Is it possible that RIM is having issues? We are located in Iowa.

jsconyers 06-04-2012 03:57 PM

Re: Outage on June 4?

No issues here in Central PA. Can you send from a non-BES account?

voyager9355 06-04-2012 04:00 PM

Same here (in Kansas City) - seems to be an all-of-a-sudden thing. Was working fine this morning. Log files don't even show the lookup request hitting the server, nor do I see it in the BES console. Tried the typical stuff...reboot phone, resend service books, etc.

Failed over my BES to my standby & rebooted the primary...no joy. Last resort before calling RIM was to check for outages or possible solutions, and I saw this thread.

Mail is flowing...just can't do lookups. Very strange. (and it seems to be affecting many of my users)

We're on BES 5.0.2 MR2 on Lotus Domino 8.5.2

***hold that thought, just saw my BES shoot a bunch of data to my BB. Maybe that was the service book request I submitted over 45 minutes ago, but I seem to be OK now. Waiting for word from others.

voyager9355 06-04-2012 04:07 PM

@acoustix:

I restarted BES Policy Service & Sync Services, and I *think* that might be what got us rolling again, if that helps

huckleberry 06-04-2012 04:08 PM

I also have a few random users globally that cannot send/receive, lookup etc... I did get a notice from a co-worker who has a friend ar RIM and at least unofficially they have confirmed an issue 'Update, some of the RIM servers are down affecting incoming mail" if anyone wants to believe that.. opening a call right now

acoustix 06-04-2012 04:13 PM

Thanks guys. No I haven't tried non-BES email. I will try that next.

Mail is being delivered, but it seems delayed. I did have one message send to my personal account from my work account. However, other messages to internal email addresses are not working either.

We are also noticing handheld batteries are draining faster.

I also just did an address lookup and it completed. I think they might be slowly restoring service.

huckleberry 06-04-2012 04:16 PM

They confirmed there is an issue but are reporting it to be resolved, Tech said he was notified about 4 hours ago with issue.... He reports that the issue was resolved about 4pm CST. My devices as of 4:15 are still not functional. PIN message sent hours ago have yet to deliver.

voyager9355 06-04-2012 04:19 PM

4:00 CT is about when we started working again, FWIW

acoustix 06-04-2012 04:20 PM

Email started flowing normally within the last 5-10 minutes. I do have some emails that never made it out even though it shows as sent on my BB.