BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is there a BES Network Outage now? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265884)

noname 03-04-2014 07:04 AM

Is there a BES Network Outage now?

Hi all,

We are in AP Region. We get reports that BES users are not getting email messages on their BlackBerry. Multiple BES 4.x and 5.x users across multiple countries and multiple telcos. Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines for e.g.

Is there a BES network outage currently?

knottyrope 03-04-2014 10:03 AM

Re: Is there a BES Network Outage now?

I have not seen any

BRSMITH 03-04-2014 10:39 AM

I'm having issues sending and receiving emails. Called Rogers and they indicated that Blackberry is having service issues.

also reported on CBC website

BlackBerry users across the country have reported widespread outages affecting email and messaging.

According to the website Canadianoutages.com, where smartphone users can report problems, the issues began around 9 a.m. ET.

The problem appears to be affecting customers of different carriers in many different provinces, including Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, B.C. and Nova Scotia.

ZombieBerry 03-04-2014 11:21 AM

Yeah, I heard the same thing.

NJBlackBerry 03-04-2014 01:21 PM

BlackBerry says suffers network outage in Canada, Asia Pacific | Reuters

ZombieBerry 03-04-2014 01:26 PM

IT dept sent out a company wide email saying we were suffering from catastrophic outages. They do have a flair for the dramatic.

NJBlackBerry 03-04-2014 02:01 PM

Actually any bad news for BlackBerry is catastrophic!

rambo47 03-05-2014 01:57 PM

I remember a time when outages were rare as hen's teeth. This bulletproof reliability was a major selling point for BlackBerry and was a major reason I abandoned my Palm Treo and bought a BlackBerry 7230, thus beginning my 10+ year crackberry addiction. Outages were unheard of and when they did happen they were measured in minutes.

knottyrope 03-05-2014 02:22 PM

Google, windows, apple and everyone else has had issues

took google months to fix its email issue
Apple iChat goes down and not mentioned in the news.
Outlook.com had an outage for a half day
my DNS hoster had a datacenter go down
my LAN got knocked out a few years ago when some one connected a router with same IP as my firewall.

Before it was easy to keep things up and running, now a days there is so much data, devices and connections than there was before.

we used to run the company on 2 servers with 40 gig storage and a few 10 meg hubs 13 years ago. now we have a VOIP, POE swtiches 24 tb SAN, clustered hosts and 19 VMs running. Also add in double the email users, triple the devices and our company only doubled in sales.

my power outage check list takes me a few hours to complete. it used to be only 10 minutes.