BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   DM for MAC Now Available (and now gone) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=203684)

MidnightDraven 09-09-2009 08:49 AM

DM for MAC Now Available (and now gone)

Apparently, Now Available.

BlackBerry®: BlackBerry® Desktop Software for Mac: now available! | Facebook

Download:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

ifonline 09-09-2009 08:50 AM

Nice!

Um... going through the motions at www.blackberry.com, I don't see it. I only see links to PocketMac. Odd...

metrodon 09-09-2009 08:58 AM

Don't think this is right.

MidnightDraven 09-09-2009 08:59 AM

Its also odd that the facebook post has gone too.
Perhaps someone at the Blackberry FB page shouldn't have posted it!
It had only been posted for about 10 minutes when I found it.
Had quite a few "so and so likes this post"
And 2 minutes after posting this thread, its removed.

ifonline 09-09-2009 09:01 AM

Yep... looks like someone jumped the gun a bit. Maybe they'll get it together later today? Fingers crossed...

jasbart 09-09-2009 09:27 AM

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread so I'll be notified.

ndwgolf 09-11-2009 09:02 PM

I installed it already and now my BB Bold is a BRICK

Shaun 09-11-2009 10:35 PM

^^ Betas are notorious for that sort of outcome.

rambo47 09-12-2009 01:13 PM

I warned folks about avoiding the beta that's floating around, but every day that goes by without the Mac Desktop Manager released tempts me to give it a try. I'm hanging tough for now, but if I show up here whining about it, you know the pressure got to me. :-)

Shaun 09-12-2009 04:45 PM

Right there with you Rambo. The betas are always tempting, DM for Mac more so than others. I will hold ... for now.

ndwgolf 09-12-2009 06:17 PM

I installed DTM on my work laptop (PC) managed to re-instal a new OS on my BB Bold and everything seems to be working fine
I deleted the DTM for mac and will wait for the real deal to come out

Erjavec 09-13-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1470103)
I warned folks about avoiding the beta that's floating around, but every day that goes by without the Mac Desktop Manager released tempts me to give it a try. I'm hanging tough for now, but if I show up here whining about it, you know the pressure got to me. :-)

I hear you... but this is not Beta, version says 1.0.0 build 75 ;-)

As I stated on other thread, I have it working now with no problems whatsoever on two different configurations...

tempting, tempting..

And you KNOW that by "September" RIM actually meant mid-November

AbbyBaby 09-13-2009 11:51 AM

i'm using version 1.2(1.4) and i keep getting pocketmac syncmanageroem warnings

is this not the final yet??

Erjavec 09-13-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbyBaby (Post 1470477)
i'm using version 1.2(1.4) and i keep getting pocketmac syncmanageroem warnings

is this not the final yet??

We're not talking about the same thing. You are using "Pocket Mac", which is a piece of crap and we all gave up on it long time ago.

We're discussing here Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac, which is supposed to be officially released this month but isn't yet. I am giving examples of "leaked" version which is available on certain sites for download

Shaun 09-13-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erjavec (Post 1470288)
but this is not Beta

Oh really? :?

Erjavec 09-14-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 1470545)
Oh really? :?

Well, i did follow that statement with the wink. Just like this one ;-)

Don't blame me if you don't have the guts to try version 1.0.0.

Wait, letme plug my BOLD to my MacBookPro, I just added some contacts in Entourage, so I might as well sync while I'm talking to you ( 8-) )

Ah, well, done already.

ifonline 09-14-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erjavec (Post 1470862)
Don't blame me if you don't have the guts to try version 1.0.0.

You're such a pioneer, aren't you? A rebel, perhaps. Do you also drink milk passed the expiration date? Or maybe run with scissors?

Shaun 09-14-2009 09:13 AM

Thanks for the laugh Ian.

...and for the record, "Try MAC DM 1.0.x" is on my Bucket List.

Erjavec 09-14-2009 01:47 PM

And more:

Installation automatically adds new network device called "BlackBerry-yourpinnumber". I guess it is for tethering internet, but I can't get it to work. it is by default CDMA, but even when switching it to GSM, all it does is dial #777 on my Bold. Sure few calls to my telco would sort this out, but I don't really have a need for it.

Backup works well also, with applications coming back in the wrong places and having to re-authorize them, but that's what's restoring from the backup on the PC is like too, right?

But for unofficial installing of OS updates, we will still be needing PCs around, won't we. I don't see telecoms offering downloadable .app versions.

To "Wild Hog" - no sour milk or scissors for me please, although sometimes when I install beta versions and I get nervous, I stick my hands under my arms, and then I smell my fingers - like that.

ifonline 09-14-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erjavec (Post 1471184)
To "Wild Hog" - no sour milk or scissors for me please, although sometimes when I install beta versions and I get nervous, I stick my hands under my arms, and then I smell my fingers - like that.

* Ian scribbles on a piece of paper while muttering to himself "make note to never shake Erjavec's hand when he looks nervous." *

Got it... thanks.