BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   President Obama and Evolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=172128)

mriff 02-25-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299464)
How does him getting convicted of paying taxes affect his being a good Christian man.

If he was a good Christian man, he would obey the laws.

Quote:

hell your President appointed two seperate tax evaders to public office. They are still considered good men and can hold office.
I don't consider them good men. I consider them tax cheats.

Quote:

Your Pope was part of the Nazi youth and hes still the Pope.
I've said that I will not comment any further with you on anything about the Catholic church. Bait me all you want.

Quote:

Waht makes Dr. Hovind any different, Ill tell you what it is, he doesnt agree with you. So that in turn makes him a bad guy.
He's a dishonest whack job who (as stated above) lacks professional and personal integrity.

mriff 02-25-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299469)
Hahaha I love it. Do I need to start posting about scientest that have done wrong or do you want to just go on and on.

So lets do this again.
Do you believe the flood happened?
Do you believe the Bible is Gods word?
Do you Believe that Jesus Rose from the dead?

Do you believe God has anything to do with evolution.

No, let's don't do it again. It is tiresome.

mriff 02-25-2009 08:44 PM

From the same article as above:

There is NO EVIDENCE that Kent Hovind has more than a college sophomore level of course work in ANY science. There is NO EVIDENCE from his thesis that he is widely-read in the areas of evolution, astronomy, geology, paleontology or even the history of science beyond what is written in a few young-Earth creationist books. There is ABUNDANT EVIDENCE that the requirements for a Ph.D. degree from Patriot University fall far below those of typical secular or religious institutions. Ask yourself whether you would visit a medical doctor, an auto mechanic, a plumber, or an investment counsellor with similar dubious credentials. If so, then Hovind is your science guy! Or see him for what he is, the snake-oil salesman, peddling salvation and pseudo science in the late 20th century and even unto the 21st century.

Dawg 02-25-2009 08:45 PM

What ever Riff Ill just say this until you decide to answer my questions I wont answer anything you say ask either.

Its a pity you're so ashamed of your faith and God.

Dawg 02-25-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1299478)
From the same article as above:

There is NO EVIDENCE that Kent Hovind has more than a college sophomore level of course work in ANY science. There is NO EVIDENCE from his thesis that he is widely-read in the areas of evolution, astronomy, geology, paleontology or even the history of science beyond what is written in a few young-Earth creationist books. There is ABUNDANT EVIDENCE that the requirements for a Ph.D. degree from Patriot University fall far below those of typical secular or religious institutions. Ask yourself whether you would visit a medical doctor, an auto mechanic, a plumber, or an investment counsellor with similar dubious credentials. If so, then Hovind is your science guy! Or see him for what he is, the snake-oil salesman, peddling salvation and pseudo science in the late 20th century and even unto the 21st century.

HAHAHA Sounds kinda like your President But yet you voted for him.

mriff 02-25-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299483)
HAHAHA Sounds kinda like your President But yet you voted for him.

How do you know who I voted for Dawg?

mriff 02-25-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299479)
What ever Riff Ill just say this until you decide to answer my questions I wont answer anything you say ask either.

Perfect! Sounds good to me Dawg. Debating biology with a YEC is excrutiatingly dull.

mriff 02-25-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299479)
Its a pity you're so ashamed of your faith and God.

Not ashamed at all Dawg. Not sure where you get this. But I will say this about Jesus. He came to take away our sins, not our minds.

djm2 02-25-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1299377)
I'll go you one better. I would bet that a Nobel prize would be in this scientists future.

Hey, speak for yourself! :razz:

True, Nobel or better would be in their future. However, pigs will probably fly before that will ever happen because the logical/philosophical structure of the pseudo-science is so weak that it couldn't hold a glass of water.

And yeah, I was in a weak moment trying to be conciliatory. I then saw the jackass response to my post and thought that we should just pour some chlorine in the freaking gene pool. Unfortunately he's already reproduced.

mriff 02-25-2009 10:16 PM

Unfortunately, irrationality appears to be a conserved trait.

djm2 02-25-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299414)
He is still a good Christian man.

Gee they fail to pay taxes and get charged but Obamas Cronies get a slap on the wrist and get to remain in office wow. Just goes to prove the Demorats and Obama is crooked thanks for proving that fact Mr Scientest.

Some of us believe that both sets of scum bags should be flogged. Where did mriff justify the behavior of the Obama appointees? Where? You won't be able to find it because you are flailing about for an argument..

djm2 02-25-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299469)
Hahaha I love it. Do I need to start posting about scientest that have done wrong or do you want to just go on and on.

So lets do this again.
Do you believe the flood happened?
Do you believe the Bible is Gods word?
Do you Believe that Jesus Rose from the dead?

Do you believe God has anything to do with evolution.

I'll fall for your bait puppy dog. Here we go:

Do you believe the flood happened? Don't know -- no conclusive evidence.

Do you believe the Bible is Gods word? I think it is a collection of tales designed to communicate the philosophy of what constitutes living an ethical life, and as such is a prescription repeated in many documents with more variations on the theme than differences between them. Having said that, I live my life according to the prescriptions of the Judeo-Christian ethic, and believe that a supreme being will view the totality of my life's work when I am dead, and I am happy to live with the risk that some parts of my life may have been flawed.

Do you Believe that Jesus Rose from the dead? Again, don't know but rather doubt it. Also am not worried about your claims of blasphemy, because the God that I know will focus on how I live and how I treat my fellow man, not whether I am an obsequious and slavish devotee of the world according to Puppy. My God is understanding of the frailties of mankind, and not a vindictive SOB like you portray him/her to be.

Go ahead, condemn me to hell.

Dawg 02-26-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1299621)
I'll fall for your bait puppy dog. Here we go:

Do you believe the flood happened? Don't know -- no conclusive evidence.

Do you believe the Bible is Gods word? I think it is a collection of tales designed to communicate the philosophy of what constitutes living an ethical life, and as such is a prescription repeated in many documents with more variations on the theme than differences between them. Having said that, I live my life according to the prescriptions of the Judeo-Christian ethic, and believe that a supreme being will view the totality of my life's work when I am dead, and I am happy to live with the risk that some parts of my life may have been flawed.

Do you Believe that Jesus Rose from the dead? Again, don't know but rather doubt it. Also am not worried about your claims of blasphemy, because the God that I know will focus on how I live and how I treat my fellow man, not whether I am an obsequious and slavish devotee of the world according to Puppy. My God is understanding of the frailties of mankind, and not a vindictive SOB like you portray him/her to be.

Go ahead, condemn me to hell.

Hahaha love the puppy comments. And love how you called someone a jackass with out actually saying it. Very clever. Not sure if that was directed at me or Jsanders was a little crass talking about whom ever reproducing thought I think that was alittle low insulting their children though. I am sure you wouldnt like it if someone was insulting your children. Also if it is directed at me then be a man and direct your comments towards me not under your breath like a spineless twit. But I know that would be impossible to over come.

There is but One God. It has nothing to do with your works on earth, it has to do with accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Works wont get you into heaven. But seeing as you don't believe in Jesus Christ then this is a useless arguement and Ill just treat you as I do dmead not worth talking to as a non believer.

And I don't condem anyone to hell, thats your own choice. I don't want anyone to go to hell.

mriff 02-26-2009 07:12 AM

I think it's clear that it was all aimed at you Dawg. He was, after all, answering your questions.

Now here's another question (not aimed at you Dawg, but at anyone who cares to answer). Is ocular structure in living organisms irreducibly complex?

mriff 02-26-2009 07:29 AM

Hmm. 13,000 years ago? Nope, could not have happened for a YEC. Damn scientists must be wrong again.

Ice-Age Tools Unearthed In Boulder - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

djm2 02-26-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1299864)
Hahaha love the puppy comments. And love how you called someone a jackass with out actually saying it. Very clever. Not sure if that was directed at me or Jsanders was a little crass talking about whom ever reproducing thought I think that was alittle low insulting their children though. I am sure you wouldnt like it if someone was insulting your children. Also if it is directed at me then be a man and direct your comments towards me not under your breath like a spineless twit. But I know that would be impossible to over come.

There is but One God. It has nothing to do with your works on earth, it has to do with accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Works wont get you into heaven. But seeing as you don't believe in Jesus Christ then this is a useless arguement and Ill just treat you as I do dmead not worth talking to as a non believer.

And I don't condem anyone to hell, thats your own choice. I don't want anyone to go to hell.

Wrong there buddy -- just don't believe in him the same way that you do. Work a bit on the reading comprehension.

test54 02-26-2009 09:40 AM

Free will exists for a reason.

mriff 02-26-2009 09:40 AM

djm, here's one for you. I haven't read it yet, but will on the plane next week. A quick scan and it looks pretty interesting. It's a pdf document. You might also like the website it comes from.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uplo...st_Paper_1.pdf

Dawg 02-26-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1300017)
Wrong there buddy -- just don't believe in him the same way that you do. Work a bit on the reading comprehension.

Comprehension is fine. You believe in Jesus a man, not Jesus as Christ. And I am not your Buddy at all.

And Riff I am sure it was aimed at me hes just not man enough to admit it.

test54 02-26-2009 10:03 AM

Dawg knows all, he can tell you what you believe.