BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Issues Downloading from MyBlackberry (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=239397)

smccullagh 11-05-2010 08:15 AM

Issues Downloading from MyBlackberry

Hi - I've recently tried to download a few wallpapers from MyBlackberry on my Pearl 9105 3G (personal phone).

Everytime I try to connect I get a 403 Forbidden message and cannot download the wallpaper. Any ideas as to what I can try?

Thanks!

Stephen

tsac 11-05-2010 06:49 PM

That message indicates you do not have permission to access the page. Does it require an account or login?

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

smccullagh 11-08-2010 04:24 AM

I have a myBlackberry login - the link itself is to Amazon's AWS servers on a cloud - I get exactly the same message when trying to access the link from a normal PC but doesn't give an option to log in.

TBH, I'm wondering if it's a country thing - they maybe don't allow access to the content from outside of the US.

devnull 11-08-2010 07:53 AM

If you are getting the same error on a PC then the blackberry isn't at fault.

Is the URL something you can share so that others can test?

smccullagh 11-09-2010 08:01 PM

Sure - here's the URL for the Snowy Mountain wallpaper - this is from an e-mail from MyBlackberry;

myblackberry.s3.amazonaws.com/wallpapers/nature-5-360x400.png

Have removed protocol from this link so it doesn't recognise it as a URL as I have less than 10 posts...bah!!

devnull 11-09-2010 09:19 PM

I get access denied as well. So it's not a country thing.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

smccullagh 11-10-2010 09:18 AM

I tried e-mailing the Blackberry site webmaster, and the enquiry got bumped basically saying it was nothing to do with them and contact my provider and all that rubbish. Poor show. At least I know it's not me!!

After doing a bit of digging into accessing content on Amazon AWS servers it sounds like it may be incorrectly configured...

sandro21 11-12-2010 07:37 AM

Re: Issues Downloading from MyBlackberry

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1671538)
That message indicates you do not have permission to access the page. Does it require an account or login?

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

The same opinion

cyclone321 11-12-2010 08:56 AM

can't you just sync it to your phone?

smccullagh 11-12-2010 11:52 AM

I could if I could get it from a PC, but I can't access the link from any PC, Mac or my Blackberry! Suspect it relates to the Amazon AWS setup, but RIM bumped my enquiry...