BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Published Public Contact Folders don't sync to Outlook contact folder 2010 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255041)

henrykiessling 11-01-2011 12:41 PM

Published Public Contact Folders don't sync to Outlook contact folder 2010

I published some contact folders on the Blackberry server that reside under Public Folders in my outlook and then went into my account and selected them to sync with my Blackberry. They sync fine to my default contact folder on my handheld but do not sync to my default contact folder in Outlook on my desktop.
I assigned the contact folder under Public folder owner rights to the Bes account, my account and the exchange admin account but the contacts only sync to my handheld. A blackberry tech I spoke to on the phone said the contacts should also sync to the contact folder In my outlook. does anyone know why?
thanks

penguin3107 11-01-2011 01:07 PM

Re: Published Public Contact Folders don't sync to Outlook contact folder 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrykiessling (Post 1753246)
They sync fine to my default contact folder on my handheld but do not sync to my default contact folder in Outlook on my desktop.

They're not supposed to sync back to your own Outlook contacts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrykiessling (Post 1753246)
A blackberry tech I spoke to on the phone said the contacts should also sync to the contact folder In my outlook.

That tech was mistaken.

henrykiessling 11-01-2011 01:19 PM

Thats what I thought but could not find the answer anywhere. Looks like I will have to find some third party solution that will do this.
thanks

henrykiessling 11-01-2011 02:11 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to sync a contact folder under Public folders with your contact folder in Outlook?

thanks

knottyrope 11-01-2011 03:11 PM

yes there are some server apps that can do this

slipstick.com has a bunch of outlook/exchange info on this stuff

henrykiessling 11-01-2011 03:24 PM

thanks, i will take a look at slipstick.
i am also looking a diditbetter.com/add2exchange-enterprise.aspx - Server based product. Will sync a variety of Public Folders xxx8211; Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Posts, etcxxx8230; with userxxx8217;s Contacts. Supports Exchange 2007 and 2010. $1900 and around $400 maintenance per year. Once in userxxx8217;s contacts use native tools such as ActiveSync or BES to sync with mobile devic

knottyrope 11-01-2011 03:57 PM

there are a few that can do it, just compare them all with price and what they can give you. Also make sure they have a good support team to assist you.