BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Top Button (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=240826)

Darren_Z 11-30-2010 06:28 AM

Top Button

Hi all- i need some assistance from you again please. On the top of the Bold is what looks like a mute button. I was reading the manual and watching the intro movie and it says if you hold it in it should go into standby mode.... my button does absolutely jack.... the phone was dropped so thinking maybe that button was damaged.... so before i yake it in to get checked i wanna know what it does and if i will use that button

Thanks in advance!!!

AdyT 11-30-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Z (Post 1679230)
Hi all- i need some assistance from you again please. On the top of the Bold is what looks like a mute button. I was reading the manual and watching the intro movie and it says if you hold it in it should go into standby mode.... my button does absolutely jack.... the phone was dropped so thinking maybe that button was damaged.... so before i yake it in to get checked i wanna know what it does and if i will use that button

Thanks in advance!!!

what Operating System are you using? Go to options>about should tell you there. Never used that key for 'standby' myself, always used the 'lock' key opposite. The batteries on these units last for days. Your BB never really turns itself off unless you pull the battery out, just for your information.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Darren_Z 11-30-2010 07:47 AM

Re: Top Button

My lock button works 100% no problems and i was looking on the net now and it apparently mutes a call --> which i tested and it worked so clearly the button is fin but how do i the standby part?

Darren_Z 11-30-2010 07:48 AM

Oh and sorry your other answer: OS is 5.0.0.586

AdyT 11-30-2010 08:48 AM

The Standby feature on the Mute button is now gone. Have you recently upgraded to OS5 (586)?

Howard S. 11-30-2010 10:56 AM

I have the same OS version. The top button puts the phone into lock (phone goes completely dark). To unlock you need to push the top button again or if you have a holster that will unlock it automatically. To clarify, which button are you using to lock your phone?

littleman 11-30-2010 02:29 PM

Os 6 the mute/standbbye is gone for me. The lock works sometimes sometimes it doesn't.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Darren_Z 12-01-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdyT (Post 1679250)
The Standby feature on the Mute button is now gone. Have you recently upgraded to OS5 (586)?

I haven't upgraded anything- the way i got the phone when i bought it from a mate is the way it has been. I would not know how to upgrade OS. I am still learningthe ropes with the BB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1679314)
I have the same OS version. The top button puts the phone into lock (phone goes completely dark). To unlock you need to push the top button again or if you have a holster that will unlock it automatically. To clarify, which button are you using to lock your phone?

I know about the lock button that works 100% - I am referring to the other button on the top