BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   3rd Party Applications for the Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=159863)

avanderlinde 11-16-2008 08:49 AM

3rd Party Applications for the Storm

Guys,

I know it's a bit early to tell yet since most of you lucky folks are still playing with your new Storms but I wanted to know what your experiences were with 3rd party apps on the storm. For example , Beejive, Opera Mini or Viigo? I know most of these programs will end up re written just for the Storm to use gestures etc, but I wanted to know if some of these apps work now in "Compatibility Mode" or whatever you call it? Can you guys let us know what apps specifically are working?

Thanks so much!

wiredwrx 11-22-2008 01:20 AM

I was just about to post, and may still. According to DM, I have VIIGO, OPERA, TRUPHONE, and a couple of other 3rd parties, BUT I CAN NOT FIND THEM ON MY STORM.

Not sure if that is a good enough answer to your question, but it might be.

retepnikrap 11-22-2008 01:39 AM

Beejive doesn't work. Emailed support and they apologiesed and said they hope to support the storm soon.

ejholt 11-22-2008 04:24 AM

Apps are in the App Folder, just need to scroll up once you get into folder.

webmstrk9 11-22-2008 09:21 AM

If they are not in the app folder, they should be in the download folder.

wiredwrx 11-22-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejholt (Post 1178170)
Apps are in the App Folder, just need to scroll up once you get into folder.

I thought the same thing, but they are not. Any other suggestions?

Michael

hudss 11-23-2008 03:59 AM

What I have working:

VNC+
IM+
Areacode lookup
Twitterberry
MobiReader
Google Maps
Google Sync
Gmail
PaderSyncFTP
BBNotepad
BBTran
Oanda FX
Market Simplified
Beyond411
TheStreet.com
quickpull
Traffic Cam
Myspace.com
Trapster
Peekawho
Capture it
WeatherBug
SlyDial
Pinger
Berry Store
all web shortcuts:CNN, FOXNews, NY Times, ESPN, BOA, USAToday, etc

Not Working:
Push Services weather / Web Channels (Won't install)
Weathereye (won't install)
WorldMate (installs won't load)
Edit/Delete Message

rachamphetamine 11-23-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retepnikrap (Post 1178145)
Beejive doesn't work. Emailed support and they apologiesed and said they hope to support the storm soon.

Dang. I'm sure they are, but I hope they work quickly on that.

jz214 11-23-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredwrx (Post 1178139)
I was just about to post, and may still. According to DM, I have VIIGO, OPERA, TRUPHONE, and a couple of other 3rd parties, BUT I CAN NOT FIND THEM ON MY STORM.

Not sure if that is a good enough answer to your question, but it might be.

Did you look for any of these under the icon "Downloads"?

mntwins 11-23-2008 08:45 PM

Anyone get iskoot to work on the Storm?

mackman37 11-23-2008 09:21 PM

Where is everyone getting their apps from?

EBlanco 11-24-2008 10:15 PM

/bump

Jeff NYC 11-26-2008 12:14 PM

Storm Apps That Work

As far as really useful Storm apps that work, give Ascendo Money and Data Vault a shot. Money is a complete expense tracking program and Data Vault is a password vault program. Both have available desktop components, sync flawlessly, have encryption and are really full featured.

The company has been really responsive to getting the apps fully optimized for the full, touchscreen Storm and I can't say the same for a lot of other application providers. If you have any need for these type of apps, I would give them a solid look.

Ascendo Inc. - Award Winning Software for Blackberry, Symbian and Java Phones

lambdacoreaz 11-26-2008 02:26 PM

jivetalk can be installed but you cant do crap on it come "Early 2009" according to beejive...just make sure you transfer your licsence before you forget your old pin!

crs 11-26-2008 03:17 PM

A Storm version of PocketDay is available that is takes advantage of the touch screen and both portrait and landscape modes.

PocketDay OTA Install

Lyrical_Miracle 11-26-2008 05:42 PM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if the storm would work with the software ringo pro?

hudres 11-26-2008 05:58 PM

Thanks for Details

Thanks to: Hudss, Jeff NYC and CRs for explicit details of what works. My dealer just called to say my unit is in and I will pick it up on Friday. I currently run about 3 dozen apps on my 8703e. I will list what works and what doesn't sometime over the weekend.

A good idea is to go to Handango's 9500 pages. They have a lengthy list of applicable software. 73

TamiRene 12-02-2008 01:16 AM

Hey, is anyone having an issue using Ascendo Money on the Storm? The issue I'm having is there is no number "1" when I go into the field to enter a dollar amount for a purchase. It's extremely frustrating as I am unable to use the program without this very necessary number.

recca 12-02-2008 01:23 AM

Does anyone know any program that make the picture of a contact bigger when they call? Please do tell.

hudss 12-02-2008 11:20 AM

Nice weather app from weatherbug for those still waiting on weathereye etc to work.
still in beta however..

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad