BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerryFAQ Article Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=124902)

gcendres 04-12-2008 08:57 AM

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?

Discussion thread for How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Demon 04-12-2008 11:20 AM

Thanks for wiping my cookies. (n)

arnoz 06-22-2008 12:00 PM

What about 3rd party applications I install? If I wipe my BB and then restore it are they included in the backup? With all their settings?

JSanders 06-22-2008 12:03 PM

no, not all settings are restored on third party applications. You will need to backup your third party applications separately using John Clark's method in the Sticky Notes in our RIM software section.

mgiardino1 09-23-2008 03:29 AM

won't work with vist 64bit

jl commander won't wor with vista ultimate 64bit!!

mgiardino1 09-23-2008 05:26 AM

Command line jl commander

jl commander works fine with vista 64 bit however the "choice" program associated is 16 bit and it does not work Soooooooooo:

1)go to the run and open 2 cmd windows

2)in the first go to the dir with jl commander (mine was c:\program files (x86)\JL_cmder)

3)type javaloader

4)now expand that window so you can see all the command line paramerers

5)go to the other window and go to that directory and use the command lines you want !!! viola

to wipe its : javaloader -u wipe

hope this helps you will get that 507 brick screen as you wanted so you can start a-fresh!!!!

BBSwany 02-11-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgiardino1 (Post 1110604)
jl commander works fine with vista 64 bit however the "choice" program associated is 16 bit and it does not work Soooooooooo:

2)in the first go to the dir with jl commander (mine was c:\program files (x86)\JL_cmder)

3)type javaloader

5)go to the other window and go to that directory and use the command lines you want !!! viola

hope this helps you will get that 507 brick screen as you wanted so you can start a-fresh!!!!

I love the power of Google! Thank you! I have been trying to get JL_Cmder to work on 64bit Vista forever!! (y)

moedaddy 02-13-2009 05:51 PM

jl?

where can i find jl commander?

dankarlinski 02-14-2009 06:59 PM

download jl_cmdr - Google Search

untouchablz 05-08-2009 12:21 PM

n00b here need a bit of help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgiardino1 (Post 1110604)

3)type javaloader

Umm...im lost. I opened the two cmd windows but i can't get "javaloader" to work. I dunno what is going on.

BTW I can't even successfully install JL_cmder, the only file i have is the setup file (JL_Cmder v.1.9.1) and that does not setup the program when opened.

lucagp 07-22-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchablz (Post 1377306)
Umm...im lost. I opened the two cmd windows but i can't get "javaloader" to work. I dunno what is going on.

BTW I can't even successfully install JL_cmder, the only file i have is the setup file (JL_Cmder v.1.9.1) and that does not setup the program when opened.

Same problem....

paul1gilbert 07-24-2009 03:48 PM

I have followed all the steps and I am not able to fix my BB. I use the device manager and I am able to load the software but on the last step the BB starts rebooting again and only shows the sand clock.

bhw 07-27-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchablz (Post 1377306)

JL_Cmder will be in a folder by that name under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

After you open the command window, you get to that directory by typing:

cd C:\program files (x86)\JL_Cmder

Then, when you are in the directory, type:

javaloader -u [and whatever command you want. The -u connects the program to any blackberry device that is connected to a USB port]

Good luck. I just did it successfully.

cubinthecity 01-08-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhw (Post 1438547)
JL_Cmder will be in a folder by that name under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

After you open the command window, you get to that directory by typing:

cd C:\program files (x86)\JL_Cmder

Then, when you are in the directory, type:

javaloader -u [and whatever command you want. The -u connects the program to any blackberry device that is connected to a USB port]

Good luck. I just did it successfully.

Just comfirming for ppl who may ask, this will also work with Windows 7 64

NJBlackBerry 01-08-2010 06:02 AM

Same folder structure. Same file name.

Winston S. 01-31-2010 12:09 PM

I've been trying to clear an IT policy on a 8310 Curve with JL CMDR, but the IT policy isn't getting wiped. Any suggestions as to why this is not working?

The firmware on the device is 4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)

It seems like it wipes the device correctly since I get the 507 error, but when the firmware is reinstalled so is the IT policy.

eykhong 04-08-2010 12:48 PM

for some reason i can't install jl_cmdr since upgrading to windows 7. i get a message saying it may not have installed properly, and there is nothing under my program files directories. anyone?

kekkek 05-18-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eykhong (Post 1591683)
for some reason i can't install jl_cmdr since upgrading to windows 7. i get a message saying it may not have installed properly, and there is nothing under my program files directories. anyone?

try doing it manually by using the .zip package and not the installer, inside that folder you should find the javaloader

Havek 11-03-2010 10:06 AM

oooor you can simply delete choice.com file.