BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   How do I prevent duplicates with Google Calendar Sync? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=190794)

donovanj 05-20-2009 04:06 PM

How do I prevent duplicates with Google Calendar Sync?

I am on BIS and have been trying to find a good solution to wireless sync my Outlook calendar. I have tried Google sync for both BB and Outlook which kind of worked but then I end up with multiple duplicates to all my meetings.
Is there a way to use Google or other free option to get my calendar synced?
That is one thing i really miss about my old Treo, I could wirelessly sync everything with ease...

hrbuckley 05-20-2009 05:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

FWIW I found Google Sync made an excelent entry (contact & calendar) copier. Before I deleted it I had lots of extra contacts and apointments I could give away to friends ;)

scottjb 05-20-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donovanj (Post 1387980)
...or other free option to get my calendar synced?
That is one thing i really miss about my old Treo, I could wirelessly sync everything with ease...

Have a look at Funambol (my.funambol.com). I used it for contacts and tasks in the past--have not tried it for calendar.

g4dg3t5 05-21-2009 02:20 AM

I have an odd thing happening with google sync... if I make a calendar change online it will sync to my blackberry, but if I make a change to the calendar in my blackberry, it won't sync "up" to my google calendar.
Anyone know why... I believe it's supposed to sync both up and down, is it not?

Thanks in advance.

rvinny 05-21-2009 04:45 PM

Google Sync has many flaws. It's the best I can tell you.
I am a Mac user and have been suffering through synching issues with a Blackberry since before I had gray hair.

mgerbasio 05-22-2009 07:37 AM

Check that you have google sync set to automatic. I just check mine and it works, changes take about 15 minutes from the handset to online.

Regards-Michael G.

donovanj 06-05-2009 11:17 AM

Do you sync both ways and on PC and BB with Google sync?
That is when I ran into duplicate problems. I need a way to sync from my pc (Outlook) and from the bb without duplicates. I know of a few other third party tools but I have absolutely no interest in a third party sync program with monthly or annual fee's. Especially a program that is doing something that should be included by default with the device!

(Why can't someone offer a simple active sync program that I buy once????)

icurschwartz 06-09-2009 02:35 PM

I had this same problem and eventually I solved it by doing the following:

1. Installed Google Desktop Sync on my desktop and sync GCal and Outlook. I use bi-directional syncing.
2. Completely cleared my Blackberry calendar using Blackberry Desktop Mgr.
3. Install Google Mobile Sync and sync GCal and Bold. I use bi-directional syncing there as well.

I did that about a week ago and everything seems to be working fine. No duplicates yet and I can add entries to any of the three calendars and they will get synced across the other two.