BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Clock not working when charging (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=243530)

hackster 01-17-2011 12:10 PM

Clock not working when charging

I have a Verizon Storm 2 9550 and just installed the OS Update 5.0.0.1015, however once installed something funny is going on. The clock will no longer come on when charging on AC. I can plug it in to the computer via usb and it comes on. I have checked to make sure the "display clock" is showing when yo go to clock options. Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks in advance, Hackster.

hackster 01-17-2011 12:16 PM

Re: Clock not working when charging

Oh yeah, I installed the update ota yesterday and realized the clock wasn't working last night. This morning I dowloaded the update via internet and reinstalled. Still no luck.

Again, Thanks

Hackster

giovmau 01-17-2011 12:48 PM

Same for me, I have a 9520 but all recent OS upgrade made the clock like you described
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

TBOLTRAM 01-17-2011 04:49 PM

It is an upgrade feature that I noticed too. They turned off the "clock display when recharging" option with the upgrade.

hackster 01-17-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1694673)
It is an upgrade feature that I noticed too. They turned off the "clock display when recharging" option with the upgrade.

I assume then there is not a workaround for this??

Hackster

wesware 01-22-2011 10:42 PM

when you plug in your charger, press the time at the top of your home screen to display the clock or simply turn on the clock from the "Clock" icon on your home screen. Have this same issue on my Storm 9550 and haven't found a fix yet. may have to wait till next OS update.

PaulTSF 03-05-2011 04:30 PM

I'm using a Verizon Curve 8530 with 5.0.0.973 and I have the same problem as Hackster. Can't really say if the problem was in place before the OS update, because I did not turn the "When Charging: Display Clock" option set. When I plug into a computer, it works just fine. Makes you wonder what other (important) features don't work also right?

My girlfriend has a Verizon Curve 8530 with 5.0.0.886 and her phone does NOT have this problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster (Post 1694571)
I have a Verizon Storm 2 9550 and just installed the OS Update 5.0.0.1015, however once installed something funny is going on. The clock will no longer come on when charging on AC. I can plug it in to the computer via usb and it comes on. I have checked to make sure the "display clock" is showing when yo go to clock options. Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks in advance, Hackster.