BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Bluetooth Connection (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dell Bluetooth (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=175183)

ShaynePierce 02-09-2009 06:15 PM

Dell Bluetooth

My new Dell laptop (Latitude E6400) has a built-in "Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card". I have kept the drivers for this card up-to-date from Dell's support page. Why can't I enable the Bluetooth support on the Blackberry Device Manager? I have read that it is because of non-native XP bluetooth drivers / stack. Please tell me I am not SOL. Can anyone point me to a solution that will use the Dell radio?

raoulvb 05-07-2009 04:33 AM

DELL Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-Card

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaynePierce (Post 1278024)
My new Dell laptop (Latitude E6400) has a built-in "Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card". I have kept the drivers for this card up-to-date from Dell's support page. Why can't I enable the Bluetooth support on the Blackberry Device Manager? I have read that it is because of non-native XP bluetooth drivers / stack. Please tell me I am not SOL. Can anyone point me to a solution that will use the Dell radio?

Hi,
you are not alone with this problem, I recently got an E6500 and had the same problems due to the WIDCOMM drivers not being Microsoft Bluetooth stack compliant.
With research and a lot of trial and error I managed to trick the native Microsoft Bluetooth driver to use my DELL Wireless 370 card now and I am able to use my BB Curve now with BB Desktop 4.7.
But the way I got it to work is tricky and it is not clean, so I invite anybody who was succesfull in posting it here.
I wold need time to write up what I did to get it to work, if there is interest I can, but as i said, it is not very clean unfortunately and I do not have time to keep on waisting my time trying to make it more clean due to this stupid WIDCOMM software.
Shame on DELL !(n)!

regards,
Raoul

b_ohare 05-07-2009 09:09 AM

Word

Quote:

Originally Posted by raoulvb (Post 1375581)
Shame on DELL !(n)!

I second that. I've spent 3 weeks trying to get a Dell laptop's bluetooth (Vista 64) to work properly with Desktop Manager. Haven't yet come up with a solution that consistently works. I'll bet I've read about 100 threads on this already.

- B.

b_ohare 05-08-2009 09:45 AM

Dell Bluetooth fixed? We shall see

Hmmm... I just installed Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless (ITsVISTA KB-Link: KB942567 | ITsVISTA). Apparently, this fix for bluetooth was never made avail for download by Microsoft and only given to OEMs (Description of the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless).

Since installing, I've rebooted as well as shut down and re-started Desktop Manager and bluetooth is still enabled. Maybe worth a try for those of you having problems with Dell Vista bluetooth and Desktop Manager.

- B.

raoulvb 05-11-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brilovett (Post 1377143)
Hmmm... I just installed Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless ITsVISTA KB-Link: KB942567 | ITsVISTA[/url]). Apparently, this fix for bluetooth was never made avail for download by Microsoft and only given to OEMs Description of the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless[/url]).

Since installing, I've rebooted as well as shut down and re-started Desktop Manager and bluetooth is still enabled. Maybe worth a try for those of you having problems with Dell Vista bluetooth and Desktop Manager.

- B.

Hi,
thanks for pointing this out to Vista useres, but this thread is about WinXP users, which most professional/business users still are as companies are reluctant to switch from XP to Vista for professional use

regards,
Raoul

berrygal 05-11-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaynePierce (Post 1278024)

You should contact your support for your concerns. I'm also using dell but I can use the bluetooth here.