BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pearl or the Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=128183)

Ihax 05-03-2008 10:34 PM

Pearl or the Curve

Hey,

I'm looking at getting a blackberry from t-mobile.

Both are about the same price from Amazon.com

What should I get? The Pearl, or the Curve, and why?

The Pearl is nice and small, but the Curve is newer...

tokumei 05-03-2008 10:39 PM

I think the biggest thing to consider between the two is do you want a full keyboard or would you enjoy SureType? Some people prefer one and won't even consider the other. I'd say head over to a T-Mobile store tomorrow and play with them both.

ricpac 05-03-2008 10:40 PM

Go to a store and play with both as that should help you get set on a decision.

SureType vs. QWERTY - it's up to you. Good luck!

Ihax 05-03-2008 10:44 PM

If the differences are just with the keys, I'd probably go with the curve.
I'd prefer to have every key.

I wasn't sure if there was a big difference in the OS or features or something?

Technocracy 05-03-2008 10:47 PM

I got a Pearl, a very capable device IMO, w/my plan. I did not like carrying a Pocket PC + BB, so upgraded to a Curve. (Meaning PDA & phone in a single device.)

Based on my use, no regrets.

Ihax 05-03-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocracy (Post 917012)
I got a Pearl, a very capable device IMO, w/my plan. I did not like carrying a Pocket PC + BB, so upgraded to a Curve. (Meaning PDA & phone in a single device.)

Based on my use, no regrets.

Thanks. That information is really helpful.

joestedman 05-05-2008 06:55 PM

I went with the Pearl because of the size. I never thought I would get use to the keyboard but I was schocked out easy it was to get use to it. What I didn't like was the size of the curve! it was like holding a deck/pack of cards to my ears.

I've owned a lot of phones......and I consider the Pearl to be one of the top phones that I ever owed.

jimmy` 05-06-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestedman (Post 918832)
I've owned a lot of phones......and I consider the Pearl to be one of the top phones that I ever owed.

nice I was thinking way ahead of myself because finally after two weeks my pearl is coming in. I was thinking if I didn't like it i'd upgrade myself to a curve. I was going to ask this same question. I can't wait til I get it :smile::razz:;-)

takeshi 05-06-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihax (Post 917007)
If the differences are just with the keys, I'd probably go with the curve.
I'd prefer to have every key.

I wasn't sure if there was a big difference in the OS or features or something?

Keyboard and features. You can compare them side-by-side at Blackberry.com. Pick the one you prefer (same as any BB model comparison).

The BlackBerry Kid 05-06-2008 09:51 AM

get the new pearl

Tangocore 05-06-2008 09:54 AM

do you write professionnal or use slang language?
I went for the curve cause I switch between french and english constanly so suretype would be useless. (by constantly I mean like 3-4 times in the same sentence=/