BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What is your "most" wanted, unwritten application? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=130972)

JSanders 05-21-2008 03:53 PM

Thanks, keep all the ideas coming. I don't know we'll do with this list, perhaps some developer will look it over and get some ideas.

A few of the suggestions are already valid apps. Doe, yours is in the form of Black & Whitelist OR BerryBlocker OR Call Screener 1.3
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ner-1-3-a.html
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ighlight=block

Klotar 05-21-2008 04:00 PM

1) A simple MP3 player (can be a full media player but I don't care about the movies and such) with an EQUALIZER. Listening to flat mp3's is... painful.

2) Onboard backup application that will back up all databases but saves the backup to the SD card. Including 3rd party apps. Archives would be compressed to save space, and password enforced. AND a small jad/jar that comes with the application that can be stored on the SD card that can enable one to install the app from the SD card (by exploring to the directory), right off of a fresh OS install; and once the app is installed, be able to restore from the backup on the SD card, decompressing on the fly.

3) Fullscreen Caller ID application that uses existing profiles (not the Javatek app, which I own already but don't use).

4) An upgrade to an already great application (BB Profiles Scheduler) but which will switch profiles even if holstered, doesn't use keystroke injection, and automatically sets the profile to a pre-determined setting upon encountering ANY appointment; without using special meetings profiles to accomplish that.

5) A Today Theme that will display more characters (or at least a consistent number of characters) on an email sender name and email subject, an appointment name and appointment location, etc. CONSISTENTLY. That is, not truncate one appointment location at 5 characters and the next appointment location a zero characters (to quote some kids: what's up with that?). To further clarify: if the space is there to display it, DISPLAY IT. If this wish translates to a better Plazmic theme builder rather than specifically a Today theme, so be it.

tedrex 05-21-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 937753)
Not my needs or desires but thinking about member questions here:

1.) The ability to secure select applications without locking the entire device.
(I think this would be a BIG hit)

2.) Threaded SMS

3.) Disable the camera sound (something that might essentially put the speaker on mute as I don't think you can make the BB stop trying to produce the sound)

Would something like this MaraTick work for you?
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-maratick.html

djm2 05-21-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klotar (Post 939092)
2) Onboard backup application that will back up all databases but saves the backup to the SD card. Including 3rd party apps. Archives would be compressed to save space, and password enforced. AND a small jad/jar that comes with the application that can be stored on the SD card that can enable one to install the app from the SD card (by exploring to the directory), right off of a fresh OS install; and once the app is installed, be able to restore from the backup on the SD card, decompressing on the fly.

Excellent thought.

Technocracy 05-21-2008 07:24 PM

In addition to a PIM :-(, a remote control app for desktop PCs (upon connection, allows viewing and controlling the BB from the desktop).

A link to such app as used in my Pocket PC: Pocket Controller Pro. For convenience or training/presentations, it cannot be beat.

PS I 2nd the idea re the BB-resident backup app...

logwarrior 05-21-2008 07:37 PM

Pandora radio app

fizzleation 05-21-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 938814)
Sling
Box

hopefully soon! I am anxiously waiting as well

and a program to shut off the shutter sound. I'm not using it to peep on people, i just want to use it with qipit in class

dmiller1856 05-22-2008 06:50 AM

re

A scrolling sports ticker similar to ESPN bottom line that could be placed on home screen and scroll live sports scores and/or breaking news depending on user preferences. It would be cool if it also had the ability to click on a certain score and get more information (box scores, play-by-play...).
I haven't even found a good site to visit to get this information, much less an app.

rambo47 05-22-2008 10:01 AM

1. Threaded SMS (alaxxx8242; the Treo)
2. Backup to memory card.
3. More robust PIM manager.

andykwg 05-22-2008 10:49 AM

RSS app

Anyone seen a RSS app that works over WiFi on BB?

tedrex 05-22-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer (Post 938023)
some to manage my business a little easier... like a program that lets you have a check box beside the title and then you can name the check box...something like this

title here.... paid? (checkbox here) Done? (check box here) etc etc

but all that for one line and the next would be the same just different title... make sense?

Would something like this MaraTick work for you?
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

tedrex 05-22-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 937753)
Not my needs or desires but thinking about member questions here:

1.) The ability to secure select applications without locking the entire device.
(I think this would be a BIG hit)

2.) Threaded SMS

3.) Disable the camera sound (something that might essentially put the speaker on mute as I don't think you can make the BB stop trying to produce the sound)

Please ignore my previous comment. It was meant for another post. Something went wrong with this forum or I've made a mistake.

JSanders 05-22-2008 12:19 PM

Let's keep the suggestions coming... still curious, and we'll try to keep it free of discussion of all kinds of other applications that may be already available.

My point is for now, to see what the needs are... I don't know what we'll do with it, but I think there is some consensus on the 3-4 needed applications so far.

Any more?

juwaack68 05-22-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_fisher (Post 937865)
I would like one that allows a BES connected BlackBerry to be remotely controlled/modified.

This would be WONDERFUL (y) (y)

LunkHead 05-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andykwg (Post 939962)
Anyone seen a RSS app that works over WiFi on BB?

Viigo

PaulMdx 05-23-2008 02:43 PM

Split screen email replying (half the screen the original email, half the screen your reply).

rk24 05-23-2008 10:04 PM

3rd party nascar app (free) 4.2 os for 7100i, and most of all a great 3rd party email app that views attachments (free) I know I ask a lot but this thread asked. hehehe (y)

M.J.H. 05-23-2008 11:13 PM

Wow, wow, wow.

NO QUESTIONS ASKED: threaded SMS messaging! That and maybe full YouTube capabilities. Who cares about www.m.youtube.com I had that on my LG Voyager from Verizon and it sucked. I don't mind the blue.mobil site or whatever it is for now but full YouTube and fully threaded SMS messaging.

All we basically need is an SMS program similar to BB Messenger but where you can talk to contacts in the exact same way. If there way anyway from some of the BB technical gurus to even HACK into the BB Messenger I bet there is some way to add a contact other than through their PIN #.

Iare Tosevite 05-24-2008 12:52 AM

Application that can load and play flash files SWF. I know that is not likely but it would rock if it could be done...

mgerbasio 05-24-2008 10:04 AM

Time Tracking & Billing.