BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   8100 Disassembly photos and instructions - Updated (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=130963)

JustROLLIN 12-30-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeBee (Post 1188218)
Jep, only back covers for the battery, not a complete cover.

Were you ever able to find a complete set? Mine phone is terribly scratched up after it slid across the blacktop one drunken evening. 8-)

Korexz 12-30-2008 11:28 AM

Stupid Microphone

Something this tear down doesn't mention is the microphone assembly.

There is a very tiny spring and disc that make a connection to the main board. When taking the top and bottom of the case apart it is very easy for the microphone to come apart and then you are essentially screwed. Even if you find the gold contact spring, getting the microphone back together is all but impossible.

I only figured out that the microphone came apart after several hours of troubleshooting and many times of taking the phone apart and putting the phone back together. When I could not be heard on the phone I realized something was wrong, and after comparing pictures of available parts to what I was working with I figured out that my microphone was busted.

I managed to find the disc, but not the gold contact spring. They are cheap to order from cnn.cn, but they take about 2 weeks. If you are going to take your phone apart buy one ahead of time.

me4tux 12-30-2008 02:29 PM

Exact thing happened to me~ microphone fell out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korexz (Post 1227902)
Something this tear down doesn't mention is the microphone assembly.

There is a very tiny spring and disc that make a connection to the main board. When taking the top and bottom of the case apart it is very easy for the microphone to come apart and then you are essentially screwed. Even if you find the gold contact spring, getting the microphone back together is all but impossible.

I only figured out that the microphone came apart after several hours of troubleshooting and many times of taking the phone apart and putting the phone back together. When I could not be heard on the phone I realized something was wrong, and after comparing pictures of available parts to what I was working with I figured out that my microphone was busted.

I managed to find the disc, but not the gold contact spring. They are cheap to order from cnn.cn, but they take about 2 weeks. If you are going to take your phone apart buy one ahead of time.

Hi, This also happened to me. The mic fell out, but I managed to catch it. However, I only found 2 pieces, the main circular body which has 2 edges that look like contact springs. And, a small plastic circular piece.

Question1: Are there only 2 pieces?

Question2: The small plastic circular piece seems like there is a topside and a bottomside. So, which way is the correct way?

Many thanks for your help, and if there are pics, that would be great!....

dayleb 01-15-2009 04:16 AM

Thanks for this!

ProfoundGlee 02-07-2009 10:19 PM

Do you have pictures of the inside? Specifically I want the front under the buttons. My phone seems to be mixing up signals for the buttons and I'd like to see how the circuitry is laid out before fixing. Thanks.

John Clark 02-07-2009 10:22 PM

Sounds like your device got wet inside.

Micropitt 02-21-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustROLLIN (Post 1227408)
Were you ever able to find a complete set? Mine phone is terribly scratched up after it slid across the blacktop one drunken evening. 8-)

I can't post links since I don't have 10 post yet but there is a company with the name fonlogix.us where you can buy a complete housing for the 8100 for $45

da32212 04-23-2009 11:29 AM

Thanks for the post i found a complet set with the screw driver set on ebay. now i have a new Pearl! thanks guys!!

carteelith 05-15-2009 06:43 AM

damn I guess I made this almost a year ago... I can't believe I've had my Pearl that long!

louC 05-24-2009 04:35 PM

Between the instructions and video, I was able to fix the issues I was having with my LCD. Thanks!

GRIMSON 06-19-2009 02:20 PM

wow very nice man y tried to dissarm my berry tonightttttt muahahahaa!!!!

specialguess 06-20-2009 02:02 PM

I used this proccedure today and it helped alot Thanks....I had to use a T6 bit not a T7

bordeaux 06-24-2009 09:01 AM

Who can help me..?

Who can show me the real Blackberry (not China)...

lynx302 06-30-2009 12:16 AM

Good!

theinc 10-06-2009 02:38 AM

Need some help on this...my 8100's earpiece stopped working, so I was oping to disassemble it to see if a contact had come loose and/or replace the earpiece, the problem i've run into is that I can't get the screws to turn. This is the first time i've ever opened up the phone so the screws should be new, but neither the T6 - too small, or T7 - too big, seem to fit the screws. Any thoughts? I really need to get my 8100's earpiece working again!

8100_User 12-06-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carteelith (Post 937629)
WARNING: DIRECTLY BENEATH THIS PORTION THAT YOU ARE REMOVING IS THE ANTENNA. CHANCES ARE, THE PLASTIC WILL CATCH THE ANTENNA AND DO WHAT IS PICTURED BELOW. Mine still works though, so i wouldn't be TOOOOO worried. just be aware of it. That green thing is the antenna.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6829/1004502hp8.jpg

Same exact thing happen to Me - ripped in the same spot, but, BlackBerry is still working... The sucky thing is that it did not rip the first time I did it - it ripped the second time I opened it because I forgot to put the 4 screws back... Doh! :oops:

Thanks for the original post... (y)

Rend 02-11-2010 10:58 AM

All I can say is the insides of that phone are diiiiiiiiiiiirty & dusty, or maybe that's earwax! lol

black321 06-25-2010 01:58 PM

thanks for helping me as i am quite a new user so this post really help me waiting for some new one thanks again

arissiswanto 09-22-2011 12:36 AM

Re: 8100 Disassembly photos and instructions - Updated

good !!!! tanks