BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Blackberry Email Down... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=94079)

Grovesfan 09-08-2007 10:46 PM

This is the first time I've had any problems. I just got my BB though and have only been using it since August 16th. I've done the reset, sent the books, etc. and it still seems sporadic at best. I just got an email on my laptop that didn't show up on my BB. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. It's not critical for me to have my email on my BB, but since I can't access my Yahoo! account at work due to server restrictions, it's VERY handy to have. My company has BES, but I can't get my IT guy to give me the scoop on whether or not I'm privy to that access.

Beth

teskew 09-08-2007 10:52 PM

Mine's finally working....

I did all that good stuff - service books, host routing, and I added and deleted my email account twice on BIS. Finally, right about now, everthing is working as it should.

ameagle987 09-08-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 660556)
You know, as a side note, Yahoo > BIS accounts were having an issue a couple days before this outage occurred, if I recall correctly? Am I losing my mind or is that true?

Yes, the problem wasn't with the regular Yahoo accounts, but with the hosted Yahoo accounts (SBC Yahoo, Small Biz hosted, etc.) It was fixed for a few days until this latest outage.

ps. the hosted Yahoo accts are working but no instant-sync right now, at least not on my phone.

Thatzmister2u 09-09-2007 12:19 AM

Ok weird stuff....I am really wondering if the are upgrading BIS.... I got all of my service books resent and I didn't resend them. Happened at 3:00pm on the dot!

Anyone else??? I'm AT&T

audit 09-09-2007 12:34 AM

I've been getting my service books resent all day long and all night so far and I'm not resending them.

cellguy 09-09-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 660121)
Resend your service books, if you have not, as has been suggested several times in this thread.

I DID resend my books, ever since doing so I have been unable to open any attachments

greggebhardt 09-09-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjd228 (Post 659397)
last 6 hours i get no internet emails. go to the webiste and resend service books, get flooded with emails that i really needed all day long!

what the hell is this? how can you rely on this when this happens all the time?

Like you told me:

""""LOL.... first, listen to your pathetic self! be patient it is still the best thing going YOU LITTLE GIRL?!?!?

OMFG""""

Excuse me moderator but I am just returning the favor to this jerk!

ericc 09-09-2007 09:47 AM

Just recieve an order confirmation e-mail here in Maine on my 8300. Appears no problem here

southbeachlaw 09-09-2007 10:06 AM

Update on Yahoo and ATT BIS

Still no emails being pushed from regular yahoo email to the BB. Emails to the the blackberry.net email is working fine.

Anyone still having problems with yahoo?

Did all the stuff recommended on here, routing, service books, delete email and added it back. Nothing.

Nick
Miami, Florida.
11:05AM

Dawg 09-09-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 660823)
Like you told me:

""""LOL.... first, listen to your pathetic self! be patient it is still the best thing going YOU LITTLE GIRL?!?!?

OMFG""""

lol isnt karma a *****

TBOLTRAM 09-09-2007 10:28 AM

Dawg,
Problem is not karma, problem is people nowadays want Instant Karma without paying the dues.

It would be nice if RIM would have a page on their website that would give a condition/repair status report of this sort of problem.

test54 09-09-2007 10:39 AM

^---What he said.

BigPlaya 09-09-2007 11:54 AM

GMail on BIS - Delivered within about 10 seconds.
Yahoo-hosted (xxxxx@pacbell.net) email on BIS- Delivered within about 6-7 minutes.
At least it seems to be improving...

Dawg 09-09-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 660850)
Dawg,
Problem is not karma, problem is people nowadays want Instant Karma without paying the dues.

It would be nice if RIM would have a page on their website that would give a condition/repair status report of this sort of problem.

this has nothing to do with RIM this was for Greg and his nemesis

BigPlaya 09-09-2007 01:26 PM

I posted too soon. As of 11:00 Pacific I am receiving no Yahoo-hosted email on my BB. Third day of flakiness in a row. And this after the Yahoo outage on 8/30 (link to thread). Pretty disappointing IMHO. If they can't straighten this out soon I will have to start looking for an alternative solution.

Jack T. Chance 09-09-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjd228 (Post 659397)
last 6 hours i get no internet emails. go to the webiste and resend service books, get flooded with emails that i really needed all day long!

what the hell is this? how can you rely on this when this happens all the time?

Happens all the time? :?

Well, if you consider TWICE in one year; a mere 2 incidents some 7 months apart, after 2+ years of NEVER having a problem like this; to be "happening all the time", then yes, I guess it IS happening all the time! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n_rolleyes.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ikerSmilie.gif

Since you're clearly unhappy with your :bb:, in your case, I'd recommend that you try a T-Mobile Sidekick/Danger Hiptop, as I think that device would probably suit you better! But don't come crying to us when you experience a service outage lasting a day or 3... or even a full WEEK! Because, after all, you have and are dissatisfied with THE BEST, so now you'll just have to put-up with a lower quality of service on the rest! ;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 660823)
Like you told me:

OMFG""""

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/rotflmao.gif

Greg, that was HILARIOUS!!! (y) 8-)

John Clark 09-09-2007 09:35 PM

I think this thread has served it's purpose....

So....in "Just Closed" style...

Thread closed.