Old 10-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo
Default [10-04-2004] BlackBerry, Bluetooth Miss a Shot

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
BlackBerrys and Bluetooth share an embarrassing trait -- these two uses of wireless technology have remained stubbornly irrelevant to many mainstream users, despite the benefits they might offer and the hype they often get in the press.

Many busy executives have become utterly dependent on the always-on e-mail access provided by Research In Motion Ltd.'s BlackBerry handhelds, but these devices' high costs and business-oriented features haven't constituted an attractive bundle for people who mostly use their cell phones to talk.

In a similar manner, Bluetooth has drawn a fervent following among enthusiasts who use it to link their phones to headsets, computers and even cars -- but it has remained invisible to customers of the nation's largest carrier, Verizon Wireless, which until recently did not carry a single Bluetooth phone.

These two technologies, however, just got another shot at breaking out into the mass market. RIM's new BlackBerry 7100 is the first BlackBerry that looks and acts more like a phone than a palm-sized computer, thanks to a crafty little keypad that works for both dialing numbers and entering text. Motorola's V710, meanwhile, finally brings Bluetooth to Verizon customers -- along with such high-end features as a built-in camera, camcorder and MP3 player.
http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/fe...579445099.html
Old 10-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
freat

Default Bluetooth on 7100t is Castrated

I really like my 7100t, but I'm having to give up real bluetooth that I had on my Nokia 3650. No more transferring files or beaming business cards or going online with my laptop via Bluetooth. The 7100t is limited to only use Bluetooth for a headset. Everything else about the product is great. The keyboard is right-on... very easy to learn and quick to type. The size is surprisingly small and light-weight.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
pvr2pvr

I really want to know if the restruction on bluetooth is a software or hardware?

If it is the hardware restruction, i wouldn't buy 7100 now

If it is a software upgrade, definately i will give a try.

I heard in the other threads it is to do with the profiles, But how authentic, it is just a software/OS upgrade??

Please reply!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr2pvr
I really want to know if the restruction on bluetooth is a software or hardware?

If it is the hardware restruction, i wouldn't buy 7100 now

If it is a software upgrade, definately i will give a try.

I heard in the other threads it is to do with the profiles, But how authentic, it is just a software/OS upgrade??

Please reply!!!
Unfortunately its a hardware restriction, its wired directly into the audio.
Closed Thread