Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB and GMail

Please Login to Remove!

1. My university just switched our mail to Google mail. Gave us two choice with BB: configure it using the BIS and Gmail IMAP or download the Gmail app for BB. My biggest frustration with the BIS/Gmail is that I can't send an email to myself from the BB; I can send to myself from Outlook configured for Gmail and it will show up everywhere including on the BB, and I can send to myself from the Gmail online interface and it will show up everywhere including the BB.

But I still can not send to myself from the BB. Won't show up in either Outlook, the BB or Gmail. There's previous posts here about Gmail being set to avoid duplicates and that's why you can send to yourself, but obviously that's changed because I can send to myself using either the Gmail interface or Outlook, but not on the BB. So what am I missing on the BB configuration for my email. I can send and receive just fine, just not to myself.

2. Is anyone using the Gmail app on the Bold. If you are, does it integrate with the address book, and when you receive an email, does the red light blink? If I go to the Gmail app, I'll delete the BIS account.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: BB and GMail

I dont use BB Gmail app but I am have one address book entry called "Myself" and I can compose/send/forward any email to this address even if all the email addresses under "Myself" are individual registered email IDs on the BIS.
it shows up on my BB as well as on browser. I dont use the Desktop Outlook.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks. Tried it. No go. Blackberry and Gmail don't seem to want to play well together on certain things. I think I'll just live with it. I'm not paying BB a tech support fee. Appreciate the suggestion.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp

Yes I understand.. good luck. Still i dont want to move away from BB -
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder View Post
I dont use BB Gmail app but I am have one address book entry called "Myself" and I can compose/send/forward any email to this address even if all the email addresses under "Myself" are individual registered email IDs on the BIS.
it shows up on my BB as well as on browser. I dont use the Desktop Outlook.
I use imap+BIS and use this trick as well. It's working for me.