Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
DrCJames

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Question Application Loader Vanishes from computer

Please Login to Remove!

All,

I would love some help from the forum on this problem. I am a Blackberry Curve owner who has recently converted from the Treo line. I am using a Windows XP machine and have had no problems with the machine. I installed the Blackberry software without a problem but for some reason the Application Loader application vanishes after two or three restarts.

This is unusual to be sure. I have to date:

1. Uninstalled ALL Blackberry and Roxio Media software

2. Reinstalled ALL Blackberry and Roxio Media Software

3. Used the software installer to repair the Desktop Manager Software

4. Ran numerous utilities to see if there were errors on my hard drive.

With each of the above system manipulations, the installation goes as planned and the Application Loader appears in the icons of the Blackberry Desktop Manger. In addition, when I check the folder C->Program Files->Common files->Research In Motion->AppLoader; the Application Loader.exe is present.

After one or two restarts of the computer, the Desktop Manager starts up and there is an absence of the Application Loader from the icons. An inspection of the path described above reveals no application loader.exe application there.

I cannot figure out what is doing this. A call to ATT customer service suggested that I had a virus and that I should reformat my entire hard drive and start afresh. I am SURE that I am not infected with any virus as evidenced by numerous negative scans. When the application loader is present, it functions normally.

I would appreciate any and all help in this regard.

Regards,

CJ
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
DrCJames

Model: Curve
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCJames View Post
All,

I would love some help from the forum on this problem. I am a Blackberry Curve owner who has recently converted from the Treo line. I am using a Windows XP machine and have had no problems with the machine. I installed the Blackberry software without a problem but for some reason the Application Loader application vanishes after two or three restarts.

This is unusual to be sure. I have to date:

1. Uninstalled ALL Blackberry and Roxio Media software

2. Reinstalled ALL Blackberry and Roxio Media Software

3. Used the software installer to repair the Desktop Manager Software

4. Ran numerous utilities to see if there were errors on my hard drive.

With each of the above system manipulations, the installation goes as planned and the Application Loader appears in the icons of the Blackberry Desktop Manger. In addition, when I check the folder C->Program Files->Common files->Research In Motion->AppLoader; the Application Loader.exe is present.

After one or two restarts of the computer, the Desktop Manager starts up and there is an absence of the Application Loader from the icons. An inspection of the path described above reveals no application loader.exe application there.

I cannot figure out what is doing this. A call to ATT customer service suggested that I had a virus and that I should reformat my entire hard drive and start afresh. I am SURE that I am not infected with any virus as evidenced by numerous negative scans. When the application loader is present, it functions normally.

I would appreciate any and all help in this regard.

Regards,

CJ
I am surprised that no one has commented on this. I got an e-mail from a friend who suggested that this was an enterprise server issue and that there was a solution for it in the Blackberry FAQS. The only problem is that I am not an enterprise user so that this does not apply. I would still love some help with this. I reinstalled the software again, and once again this evening, the loader is gone.

Regards,

CJ
Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
lawizard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T
Unhappy Same Issue

CJ, I am a BIS user on AT&T and have had the same problem. I wound up buying a new hard drive for one of my computers and had to reinstall everything. So far the App Loader is still showing up but the computer hasn't been restarted more than twice. I think Vista is just an ongoing problem with everything so I have just accepted that my home computer (with Vista) is not going to work right anyway.

I hope someone can answer this eventually.