SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckplayer4
Question...does the cover stay on any better than the OEM one? I would suspect so, just b/c it is extended some so the actual battery would hold it on better. Just curious.
I know my review was long so some people may not bother reading it, but try reading it, particularly point #4.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #42
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Ask if you like
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
I know my review was long so some people may not bother reading it, but try reading it, particularly point #4.

Thanks
My apologies SF.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #43
SanFrancisco

Power test looking good. By now my OEM yellow battery would be at 30%, if that.

This causes me to question just how sparse the OEM battery must be in terms of specs, design and manufacture. RIM must have done the minimum it could get away with in terms of the battery's size and capacity so to keep the Pearl within the desired three ounce weight limit it wanted [so to be the smallest and lightest smartphone in the world].

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 03-01-2007 at 03:00 PM..
Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #44
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
What can you buy now that doesn't have the manufacturer's name on it?
And more germane to the post, has anyone ever seen a manufacturer sell two versions of a product, one with logo, one without?

Closest I have ever seen to that concept is on cars where dealerships like to attach to the trunk lid of every car they sell a metal plate with their name and logo on.

From what I have heard buyers can tell the dealer "No way you are putting that piece of sheet logo on my new car."

Lunkhead, quit stalling and buy the battery.

Siedio: Can you toss into the selling price a bottle of denatured alcohol so I can remove your logo?

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 03-01-2007 at 03:30 PM..
Old 03-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #45
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Seidio is working on the rubberized case (of course with speaker opening) for BB8100 with this battery. It should be ready in 3-4 weeks from now.

Seidio
I hope the Company took into account my remarks and noted my mod of that cheapo case.

I think if the case completely covers the back of the phone, the phone will become way too big. At least on the 2400 mAh battery it will.

I dunno about this medium extended battery. Seems that it might not get too thick. But if the 2400 mAh battery has a full case that encases the battery cover, I won't be getting it.

Oh, I also like the suggestion made by another member, how about a deeply discounted price for having to buy just the back half of the case, for those of us who have the $40 Seidio rubberized case which has been rendered useless when going to the extended battery.

See post where one Member is going to try selling his old cases. That should not be!

All totaled, one loses quite a bit if he or she has to add in the price of cases one can no longer use because of buying an extended battery.

It's just plain wrong that I have two beautiful Seidio rubberized cases sitting inside a ZipLoc bag.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 03-01-2007 at 03:40 PM..
Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #46
Tixxx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
I hope the Company took into account my remarks and noted my mod of that cheapo case.

I think if the case completely covers the back of the phone, the phone will become way too big. At least on the 2400 mAh battery it will.

I dunno about this medium extended battery. Seems that it might not get too thick. But if the 2400 mAh battery has a full case that encases the battery cover, I won't be getting it.

Oh, I also like the suggestion made by another member, how about a deeply discounted price for having to buy just the back half of the case, for those of us who have the $40 Seidio rubberized case which has been rendered useless when going to the extended battery.

See post where one Member is going to try selling his old cases. That should not be!

All totaled, one loses quite a bit if he or she has to add in the price of cases one can no longer use because of buying an extended battery.

It's just plain wrong that I have two beautiful Seidio rubberized cases sitting inside a ZipLoc bag.
Yeah, I agree with both case suggestions. I have 2 rubberized ones I can no longer use. :(
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #47
TheBigNewt

Carrier: Tmobile

Yeah, they could be nice to we faithful and sell us the back half that we need less than halfprice of a whole new one. Wish I'd thought of it myself. Wait a minute, I did.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #48
jbibbs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 400BD897
Carrier: Nextel

Any idea how a Pearl with this battery would fit into the OEM ruber skin?? If I knew that it would fit properly and all the holes of the skin would still match with their corresponding buttons I would order it. Just don't want to order it and then have to choose between my accessories.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #49
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbibbs
Any idea how a Pearl with this battery would fit into the OEM rubber skin?? If I knew that it would fit properly and all the holes of the skin would still match with their corresponding buttons I would order it. Just don't want to order it and then have to choose between my accessories.
The only reason I am answering yet another question [cause I ain't no friggin tech support] is I wanted to see how quick I could dig out one of my rubber skins, put it on, [that all sounds nasty], take some pics, upload it, then write this post.

Total time: 138 seconds. , including spell check.

Oh... it fits perfect as one might suspect since 1 mm is not much and the rubber has some give to it [that sounds nasty too].

Sidenote: The crappy pic comes with my trying to set a record. Get what you pay for. Talk to a BBF mod for a refund.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #50
jbibbs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 400BD897
Carrier: Nextel

Thanks SF, I'm going to order my battery now. You are awesome!!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #51
laz305
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23F0D62F
Carrier: AT&T

ok now is there any indication that they are going to make a new skin for the pearl to match the speaker hole in this new battery cover?

I'm asking this without reading sorry had to jump the gun if they are
http://mobile41.com/index.htm
myspace.com/lazarus305
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #52
MuellerAir
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Will the standard battery door work with the 1250 battery?

I am currently using the blue battery that came with my prvious 7105t and that battery door works fine.

sorry if this was already covered
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #53
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuellerAir
Will the standard battery door work with the 1250 battery?

I am currently using the blue battery that came with my prvious 7105t and that battery door works fine.

sorry if this was already covered
Don't be sorry, read the friggin review. It's covered in there.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #54
TheBigNewt

Carrier: Tmobile

SF already said that the standard battery door for the Pearl will not close with the Seidio 1250 battery. But they sell the battery with the new door so who cares?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #55
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Seidio is working on

1) Rubberized case with speaker opening that works with 1250 mah battery
2) skin case with speaker opening that can work with OEM battery door and Seidio 1250 mah battery door.

Seidio
Old 03-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #56
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Seidio is working on

1) Rubberized case with speaker opening that works with 1250 mAh battery
2) skin case with speaker opening that can work with OEM battery door and Seidio 1250 mAh battery door.

Seidio
The "inside information" is appreciated, especially since these fine products are not generally known about elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #57
Tixxx

Carrier: t-mobile

So over a day has passed and I am at 60% battery life. This means I can do a full weekend with no worries on this one which is the main reason I have purchased these. On the original battery I would get worried toward the middle of the second day and have to use sparingly to make sure I could get through a weekend without worry.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #58
SanFrancisco

Old 03-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #59
netPOSER

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
The only reason I am answering yet another question [cause I ain't no friggin tech support] is I wanted to see how quick I could dig out one of my rubber skins, put it on, [that all sounds nasty], take some pics, upload it, then write this post.

Total time: 138 seconds. http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/aniwoot.gif, including spell check.

Oh... it fits perfect as one might suspect since 1 mm is not much and the rubber has some give to it [that sounds nasty too].

Sidenote: The crappy pic comes with my trying to set a record. Get what you pay for. Talk to a BBF mod for a refund.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/bborangeskin.jpg
Where did you get that case?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #60
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by netPOSER
Where did you get that case?
That is a Seidio rubber skin. By the way, the Seidio skin is much thicker than the OEM BlackBerry skin. The BB OEM skin is so thin I would call it "cheap." Get the Seidio one.

Closed Thread