BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #121
wogg

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

In addition to the dust collecting aspect, particles that accumulate in my pocket are being wedged in between the skin and the phone, which is causing scratches during normal walking/activity. So, I have also permanently taken the skin off. I do wish the skin was more jet black.. it looks a dull gray when compared to the phone.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #122
capitalpg

Model: Pearl
Carrier: tmobile

Just got them both in the mail today and LOVE the holster. great materials and design. The skin is very good, not great, but very good.

I'm not that big a fan of the skin's material or design (strip in the middle) but haven't really seen anything better.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:24 PM   #123
Ljay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activator
After a few days now, my Seidio skin looks charcoal GREY, not BLACK anymore... it seems to pull dust right out of the AIR!!

The WORST part is that there is NO way to remove the dust other than taking the whole skin off, washing it and letting it AIR dry (if you dry it with anything, it gets lint on it again!!) I'm having the same dust collecting issue.
VERY disappointed with this aspect of the case. (And others seem to be feeling the same way, judging by the posts.)

It DOES fit well and protect the phone. But the dust thing is really bad. It even FEELS "dusty"...
I put on the skin and then went out to run errands and got a call ten minutes after I put the phone in my pocket and it looked like the skin is imbedded with lint. I tried washing it with plain water and after it air dry's I can still see some of the lint...PLEASE HELP...Seidio. I really like the fit of the case and the protection that it provides but I don't have time to clean it after each time it goes into my pocket.

Last edited by Ljay; 10-24-2006 at 11:26 PM..
Old 10-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #124
mobboss

Default Skin Plus Hoster question

I am wondering if I buy the skin holster combo can I use the holster without skin? or is the holster overmolded to fit skin only?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 06:21 AM   #125
MorningZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Work ordered a few of these skins for our 8100's and i like it except for one thing i didn't see mentioned yet

it's a pain to slide in and out of my pocket now because the sticky-ness of the skin pulls the pocket out with it.....

I'd guess that if the material was a little slicker it would be better in/out pocket-wise plus reject dust/lint better, but since i am not a case engineer, i couldn't say that for sure....

otherwise i love the skin and i personally didn't notice any change in ringtone/speaker volume, and it took me but a single game of Soduku to get used to the skin hindering the trackball.....
Old 10-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #126
jeffmcclan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Seidio just released the skin/skin holster combo for BB 8100

8100 COMBO (JET BLACK SKIN CASE/SKINNED HOLSTER) - BD2-HLCSKBB8100-BK

Seido webpage states that combo includes Jet Black skin in the title and Frost White skin in the detail on the same page (?). Further, this confusion cannot be solved from the picture because it doesn't show a skin (?). The confusion is not limited to the new combo as another customer ordered the Seido Ultimate screen saver but received the Premium Screen Saver (maybe too much marketing...).

The Seido representative posting on this forum has been very involved. However, Seido's high shipping prices keep me from ordering based on principle. (High shipping prices may increase corporate margins but drive away many silent would be customers.)

Last edited by jeffmcclan; 10-25-2006 at 07:07 AM..
Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #127
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmcclan
However, Seido's high shipping prices keep me from ordering based on principle. (High shipping prices may increase corporate margins but drive away many silent would be customers.)
True. But even with the high shipping prices, it was the cheapest out of the websites I have found. We'll see about the quality of the skin, should come in today. Can't wait.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #128
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobboss
I am wondering if I buy the skin holster combo can I use the holster without skin? or is the holster overmolded to fit skin only?

Thanks
The skin holster is made to fit your skinned 8100; the security of using it with a "naked" 8100 would definitely be compromised - even if it does seem to hold it initially.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #129
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmcclan
Seido webpage states that combo includes Jet Black skin in the title and Frost White skin in the detail on the same page (?). Further, this confusion cannot be solved from the picture because it doesn't show a skin (?). The confusion is not limited to the new combo as another customer ordered the Seido Ultimate screen saver but received the Premium Screen Saver (maybe too much marketing...).

The Seido representative posting on this forum has been very involved. However, Seido's high shipping prices keep me from ordering based on principle. (High shipping prices may increase corporate margins but drive away many silent would be customers.)
Sorry for the confusion. We will be revising that page shortly to more correctly identify the products being sold. There willl be a drop down box which will allow you to choose either the black or white skin.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #130
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Received this morning. Not sticky at all, grip is great. Like most have said, the trackball up motion is limited but not greatly. Lint loves the skin but nothing a lint roller can't handle. Overall fairly satisfied because I can be more rough with the 8100. I'd say 8.8 out of 10.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #131
Element
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
Received this morning. Not sticky at all, grip is great. Like most have said, the trackball up motion is limited but not greatly. Lint loves the skin but nothing a lint roller can't handle. Overall fairly satisfied because I can be more rough with the 8100. I'd say 8.8 out of 10.
I just got an email saying mine has shipped so I cant wait to try it out!

Thanks for the quick review!
Closed Thread