Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #41
alenzini
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperalta

GSM PhoneSource (Adam) unlocked it my 8100 in 1 day!

Regards,
Robert
Hmmmm. I've been waiting since Friday.

Andy
Old 10-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #42
gfisher99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&Tingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenzini

Andy
I would call him... I tried to get a Moto Razr unlocked, and when I didnt hear from him within 3 days, I called him. He said the code wasnt in his database and that it would have to be unlocked by him onsite.

Ive had 6-7 devices unlocked by him, and this was the only one I didnt get on the same day. I was just surprised that he didnt call or email me to let me know. I had to track him down.

I need to send the phone in to him to have him do it.. Its actually cheaper that way anyways...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #43
stac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t
Angry Where is he?

Andy - I share your frustration. On the site he promises same day service if the order is placed by 3PM PST, which I did - and haven't heard from him yesterday or today. Phone calls just ring to a full voicemail box... Anyone have an idea where Adam is?

Stac
Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #44
rperalta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac
Andy - I share your frustration. On the site he promises same day service if the order is placed by 3PM PST, which I did - and haven't heard from him yesterday or today. Phone calls just ring to a full voicemail box... Anyone have an idea where Adam is?

Stac
I spoke with Adam late Friday and received my jnloce code on Sunday. Codes are suppose to be process Mon-Fri from GSM PhoneSource (this is very true no matter where you go online for unlock codes). I guess I was very lucky.

I'm sure Adam is around, he has a very good reputation here and his business
Old 10-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #45
stac

Exclamation

Quote:
I spoke with Adam late Friday and received my jnloce code on Sunday. Codes are suppose to be process Mon-Fri from GSM PhoneSource (this is very true no matter where you go online for unlock codes). I guess I was very lucky.

I'm sure Adam is around, he has a very good reputation here and his business
I'm not saying that I'd avoid the service - what I am saying is that if something is promised in a certain period of time, you should produce it - or at least answer the phone so the person who ante'd up the fifty scheckles know's that someone is there to help. I spoke to him yesterday, and he promised the code that evening, which didn't happen. If the codes aren't forthcoming today, then I want to take my business somewhere else - but I feel a bit hijaacked right now because getting refunds from people through PayPal who don't answer their phones can be more than a bit sticky.

Stac
Old 10-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #46
bradhs

I'm also waiting for the unlock code for a client's 8100 ... Started yesterday around 12pm PT and still waiting today... Client is getting upset since I just ported her over from Verizon to Cingular.

Anyone know of another source that can get me the code ASAP before client throws phone back at me? ...

I'm still counting on Adam just because I know quite a few people who have used him in the past. I'm sure he has a good reputation and that his source is lagging. Hopefully his source didn't get caught.

You know, it's pretty easy to catch someone giving out unlock codes at RIM. All you have to do is see who is registering an 8100 on BES and has a different SIM card than TMO or any of the other carriers that have the 8100 ... Take that list and .... Then turn on some sort of auditing function in the DB to see who is querying for the codes and match the IMEI's .. Then.. BINGO/TADA! you have the guy(s).
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #47
rperalta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

One thing I noticed that Adam's e-mail went to my SPAM folder in Outlook. Do you guys have SPAM folder?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #48
stac

Quote:
One thing I noticed that Adam's e-mail went to my SPAM folder in Outlook. Do you guys have SPAM folder?
So you got your code today from him??? I'm still waiting, impatiently... and no, I don't have anything in my SPAM folder...

Still gritting my teeth...

Stac
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #49
bradhs

Hi Everyone,

Just got my unlock code from Adam at gsmphonesource! It worked! He had a delay because of some personal issues.

Thanks again gmsphonesource!

Bradley
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #50
gsmps
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Wedge
Carrier: T-Mobile

Sorry about the frustration guys. My source was a little slower than usual ( Normally I get codes same day 6 days a week ) Plus I had to spend some time with my doc today.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #51
alenzini
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenzini

Andy
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received mine late last night. Thanks Adam!

Andy
Old 10-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #52
sideshowjohn

Model: 8100

so i got my phone unlocked for free from t-mobile. told them i was going away on business yadda, yadda.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #53
stoxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Sent Adam my phone info on Monday for my 8100
and recieved unlock code this morning.
Awesome job!!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #54
RSporbert

Model: 8707v
Default gsmphonesource pn vacation?

Hi

Any idea if the gsmphonesource guy is on vacation? Sent an order via web on the 25th to unlock a 8707v and have not heard anything back yet. Seems strange since the guy gets such good reviews............just asking if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks
Becs
Old 10-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #55
gsmps
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Wedge
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSporbert
Hi

Any idea if the gsmphonesource guy is on vacation? Sent an order via web on the 25th to unlock a 8707v and have not heard anything back yet. Seems strange since the guy gets such good reviews............just asking if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks
Becs
Becs,

You placed an order on Weds for a service that takes 3-4 business days ( excluding weekends ) to process. There is a big difference between how i get codes for T-Mobile USA Blackberrys and how I get unlock codes for foreign Blackberrys like yours. Please have patience
Old 10-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #56
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

I just wanted to jump in and say that I have also received excellent service from GSMphonesource. In the event there is a slight delay my first thought is that it's due to the increase in his volume of business. Or a vendor issue etc.

One can only do so much in one day and his overall performance has been exceptional. Another fact is that in his business there is no way to know what each day will bring in terms of volume. Perhaps it's that I'm a business owner that makes it easier for me to understand delays from time to time. Not everything is within his control.

I don't work for him, just a satisfied customer that has purchased many hard to find, new unbranded, unlocked phones and in each case they were priced lower than anyone else and delivered as promised, new in the factory sealed box. If I place my order for a phone on a Mon or Tues I always have it by Thurs or Friday.

Last edited by archer6; 10-30-2006 at 04:41 PM..
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #57
RSporbert

Model: 8707v
Thumbs up gsmphone source rocks

Yes it is true, I should have been more patient.

After I posted the original message the code was emailed to me that day/evening. Sorry if I was getting antsy, but I was just checking that is all.

All I can say is another satisfied customer of gsmphonesource. After getting the code it worked liked a charm.

Thanks alot and no harm/no foul on the original post, I did not understand the number of days it takes to get the info through, so thanks again for the reply post and great service.

Becs
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #58
Stern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

can't your carriers provide you an unlock code?

It took a couple of days but I got my 8100 code after I requested it from Voda UK.

What's better is it was free!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #59
hidalgoaivas

Model: 8100
Default Unlock blackberry 8100

I am new at this forum since It's my first Blackberry. I bougth the phone unlocked but It wasn't when it arrived. I need to unlocked the phone Does anybody have an idea it is a T mobile Brand HELP
Old 12-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #60
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

Where did you buy the phone? If it was supposed to be unlocked, can't you get them to take care of it? If you didn't buy it from T-Mobile, I'd be surprised if they would unlock it. You can always go to gsmphonesource and buy the unlock code.
Closed Thread