Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Bilaal.S

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Blackberry Curve
Default Orange PAYG UK and PIN

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, first of all: Blackberry's rule.

What's the deal with releasing PIN's? I've bought a used Blackberry Curve 8310, round about in Oct 09, i've never released the PIN or get onto a BB data plan, since most PAYG sims in the UK don't support BB, yet.

Can i release this PIN and start using Orange PAYG? i heard they have a payg bb bolt on or something. If so, is there a num or something i can use?

thankyou.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You have to "release the PIN" if its still associated with a BIS account.
The PIN might have already been released, but you won't know till you get a blackberry data plan, and try to register it.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Bilaal.S

Model: 8310
Carrier: Blackberry Curve

Well, on the email setup page, i only get two options:

" I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server"

"I want to skip email setup"

I don't have an option to create a new email account..does that indicate anything?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilaal.S View Post
Hi, first of all: Blackberry's rule.

What's the deal with releasing PIN's?
They identify the handset uniquely to the Blackberry infrastracture so you can register your mail accounts against it and receive pushmail and connectivity transport. PINs have to be de-registered from one carrier in order for the handset to successfully register on another.
Quote:
I've bought a used Blackberry Curve 8310, round about in Oct 09, i've never released the PIN or get onto a BB data plan, since most PAYG sims in the UK don't support BB, yet.
They did support BB plans on PAYG long before that. Orange did, T-mob was selling PAYG Pearls. Orange even did a data-only plan on the blackberries that i now cant see on their site.
Quote:
Can i release this PIN and start using Orange PAYG? i heard they have a payg bb bolt on or something. If so, is there a num or something i can use?
The original owner can release the PIN, not you. What you CAN do is get Orange to send you a free PAYG sim (either follow a link on their site or give them a call and tell them you're contemplating joining - a sim would be in the post in no-time), register with the network, give the support line a call and ask for the blackberry plan to be activated on your number.

They will ask for your PIN/IMEI and they will inform you if they cannot activate a plan on your handset. It's the minimum cost (free) solution for you in order to get your answer.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilaal.S View Post
Well, on the email setup page, i only get two options:

" I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server"

"I want to skip email setup"

I don't have an option to create a new email account..does that indicate anything?
Nope, it indicates you dont have a blackberry data plan.
The option to setup a new email account/personal email account only appears once you have a proper data plan activated.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread