Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #81
master toothwalker

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro3jr View Post
You may be right. There may be many devices out there can perform the functions that I need, but I haven't found one. I like managing my calander/tasks/notes/contacts on my laptop then being able to sync them with my phone. I haven't found a phone that isn't categorized as a smartphone that can do that. If I need to get a smartphone, might as well go for the one I think is best. The price seems to be accessible enough and the phone seems to have a stable OS that I don't have to worry about. The first PDA's didn't use data. They were mainly an organizer. You could instal other programs that increased their productivity and still no data.

I ALSO have had trouble finding a phone that will sync with my outlook calander/tasks, etc. I had to send my Pearl backbecause of needing a data plan (CSR just told me to cancel it-not an option I find out). If you found a good one please tell me.

I don't know why people can't understand wanting a BB as a phone/PDA, but not needing data. I am around a million computers already.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #82
jseah
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 30496979
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by master toothwalker View Post
I ALSO have had trouble finding a phone that will sync with my outlook calander/tasks, etc. I had to send my Pearl backbecause of needing a data plan (CSR just told me to cancel it-not an option I find out). If you found a good one please tell me.

I don't know why people can't understand wanting a BB as a phone/PDA, but not needing data. I am around a million computers already.
You may want to consider a non-Blackberry PDA then (like a Treo, or Windows Mobile). While Verizon still requires a PDA data plan, they do offer an option of a pay as you go data plan, where they charge you by the MB. And then you can institute a data block, so you won't use data. And some of the newer ones (like the XV6800) has WiFi, so you can use data when you have access to a WiFi network.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #83
mtcrew

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default back again

Demon.. don't want to take old bones out of the bag man but it is now July and I still don't have a data plan on my phone ;) However, I do believe it is starting to have issues receiving text messages and phone calls until i try to call someone. Then all the missed calls and text messages will show up out of nowhere. I talked to a technician with Verizon and she said it was probably because I wasn't on the data plan. which at first she was completely confused by at first. However, I explained why they gave me it to begin with and she left it alone. Anybody else having the problem where you call someone and it goes directly to their voice mail and they don't receive the missed call until they use their phone like my wife and I have been experiencing?
Closed Thread