Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #201
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

For you new members, read this review on the Seidio 2400 mHa lithium battery.

After months of using this battery, it has held up well. Use of this battery has eliminated my ever being concerned about the charged status of my battery.

In fact, I never think about the extended battery whereas with the yellow OEM I used to always be concerned about the charge status.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 04-10-2007 at 02:17 AM..
Old 04-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #202
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
For you new members, read this review on the Seidio 2400 mHa lithium battery.

After months of using this battery, it has held up well. Use of it battery has eliminated my ever being concerned about the charged status of my battery.

In fact, I never think about the extended battery whereas with the yellow OEM I used to always be concerned about the charge status.
I'll second that. I can easily go 3 days without charging and that's with moderate to heavy use. I generally charge it every other day now and never worry about running out of juice.

The only drawback is that it doesn't fit in the OEM holster. I've just ordered the rubberized clip/holster from Seidio and am going to try that.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #203
hrhenry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
The only drawback is that it doesn't fit in the OEM holster. I've just ordered the rubberized clip/holster from Seidio and am going to try that.
I use the OEM holster with my 2400 battery. It's a tight fit (so much so, that the Seidio logo has worn off), but it's doable. I was initially concerned that the little pearl is pushed in, so to speak, when in the holster, but I've not yet had any problems with it.

R.
==
Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #204
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Yes that's true, it does fit, just not very well. However, it can't push on the trackball because there is a groove inside the holster for the ball. That was always one of my favorite things about the oem holster.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 AM   #205
SanFrancisco

Well I figured that Seidio was not going to come out with a solution to where we could use our old [and expensive] rubberized cases with the extended battery, so I finally took my Dremel cutting wheel to one of my old cases.

While it looks horrible, it actually has worked quite well. In my defense, this was one of my three minute cutting jobs, on the kitchen floor. I did not care how it looked, I just wanted to use the Seidio case as it was simply sitting in a bag of cell phone parts and accessories.

Don't barf too much on looking at my pic.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 AM   #206
mexicansteve
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Oh, Yup, I think I'm gonna hurl! Why would you even go through that when you have a case for it already? Well I guess it's an idea. Thanx for the post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 AM   #207
mexicansteve
Knows Where the Search Button Is

oh, and did that case come with the speaker hole already?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 AM   #208
bella92108
No longer Registered.

Default Shady order experience...

Shady Seidio... I placed an order Sunday on their website and it said these were in stock and then they charged my card Monday morning and then Monday afternoon I got an email saying the item was backordered... and the shady part, their website says they'll still in stock and available for shipping. Bad business. Will never shop from Seidio again. Real online businesses don't do that.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #209
Tixxx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

What ever happened to the cases they were supposed to release? i.e. the rubberized cases for both the new batteries.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #210
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108
Shady Seidio... I placed an order Sunday on their website and it said these were in stock and then they charged my card Monday morning and then Monday afternoon I got an email saying the item was backordered... and the shady part, their website says they'll still in stock and available for shipping. Bad business. Will never shop from Seidio again. Real online businesses don't do that.
I don't think they are shady. But if they charged your card, that is a violation of the law [vendors cannot charge a card until an item actually ships].

I have found that about 80% of the businesses I deal with on line are NOT in sync with what's going on at the office, so to speak. I have problems with vendors, insurance companies, utilities and others.

Plain and simple fact is that websites are updated by humans and most companies are not that efficient at keeping their Sites updated.

It really pisses me off, but since companies won't correct the problem I have learned to not trust what any website says, especially when they say something is in stock. Many times the product is not.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #211
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicansteve
oh, and did that case come with the speaker hole already?
That was an original rubberized case that I got back in October 2006. It did not have a speaker hole and the back would NOT fit over the extended battery hump, hence the cutting.

I do not have any case from Seidio that fits the phone with the 2400 extended battery.

As ugly as the back looks when in an isolated pic, fact is no one notices it, even when it's sitting on a desk.

Not sure what happened with Seidio coming out with a case for the extended battery.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #212
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108
What is your order #? Let me know , I will look into it right away.

Seidio

we have slim rubberized case (No speaker opening) and slim rubberized case with speaker opening for BB8100 available
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #213
Tixxx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
What is your order #? Let me know , I will look into it right away.

Seidio

we have slim rubberized case (No speaker opening) and slim rubberized case with speaker opening for BB8100 available

Any word on the rubberized cases for the new batteries? Thanks.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #214
BlackBerryHype

SanFran, I just signed up to let you know that your insight and knowlegde is very much appreciated keep up the good work. I to have had issues with non oem batteries with other phones. I've had this pearl for 5 days and havent put it down yet! I've never heard that japan makes the best batteries although my common sense lends itself to your opinion. Like I said thanks for the information, and although it is rather unsightly the functionality out weighs the asthetic value in my opinion. I'll do further research but thanks for the head start!!!!! George
Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #215
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerryHype View Post
I've never heard that japan makes the best batteries although my common sense lends itself to your opinion.
The first commercial lithium ion battery was released by Sony in 1991 and other Japanese companies followed.

With that much experience and considering the quality of Japan's manufacturing processes, Japan became the leader in producing lithium ion cells [with a few hiccups along the way, remember the Sony battery recall last year. But that was not a quality issue, it had to do with trying to squeeze too much capability into the confines of a small package, notebook batteries].

Further info see: Battery Association of Japan

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 05-13-2007 at 12:36 AM..
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #216
SanFrancisco

In a PM to me about cases, I will answer here, in my review:

Sorry to bother you again.

I am thinking about going with the 2400 mAh battery instead of the 1250.

But my biggest concern... I need a case, how can I protect my BB Pearl without a case?

I was going to get the 1250 mAh with the rubberized case. But I want the more battery life, but no case.

I just want a case for the 2400 :[ lol. :]

Response: I am still using modified hard cases for my extended 2400 extended battery. It is
definitely not a good workaround because the cases are weakened where I have
cut a hole out of the back part so to accommodate the extra size of the extended
battery.

Seidio was talking about making a rubberized case for the 2400 mAh battery
but I have not checked to find out the progress on that.

So how about it Seidio, what is the status of that case? Have I missed its debut?

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 05-13-2007 at 01:15 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #217
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quick question, which I haven't seen covered in many pages of Seidio battery threads: Will the OEM silicone cover fit over the 2400 mAh extended battery? It is stretchy, so I think it might, but has anyone tried it? Thx.

(P.S. Anyone have a cheap source for a broken battery latch? I saw the bb repair site which sells them for $25 plus high shipping fees, which is outrageous IMO.)

Last edited by DrMoze; 06-14-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #218
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Quick question, which I haven't seen covered in many pages of Seidio battery threads: Will the OEM silicone cover fit over the 2400 mAh extended battery? It is stretchy, so I think it might, but has anyone tried it? Thx.

(P.S. Anyone have a cheap source for a broken battery latch? I saw the bb repair site which sells them for $25 plus high shipping fees, which is outrageous IMO.)
Those skins do not work because it stretches the rubber too much, to the point where the sides and openings do not line up.

They work fine on the medium extended battery because that battery cover does not protrude much beyond the OEM battery cover. But even it puts a little stretch on the rubber skin. Just enough to notice the skin is stretched ever so slightly.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 06-14-2007 at 11:23 PM..
Closed Thread