Jchuck - thanks for the update on VZW.

FYI: CellCom US also has 4.5.0.56 available for download:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...AEA643A7706A42
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #262
troykent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

can anyone tell me what happened to my internet browser??? i just finished the upgrade and can't find it. its not hidden either.

8130 Verizon Wireless
Old 09-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #263
troykent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by troykent View Post
can anyone tell me what happened to my internet browser??? i just finished the upgrade and can't find it. its not hidden either.

8130 Verizon Wireless
nevermind, resending service books fixed the issue. dummy hat for me.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #264
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by troykent View Post
nevermind, resending service books fixed the issue. dummy hat for me.
No worries, we've all tried that hat on once or twice.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #265
Redflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuck97 View Post
A friend of mine in Verizon national accounts received an internal company email stating that 4.5 for Curve and Pearl is due out next week. Heavy BES focus, plus some additional general enhancements.

New OS for the 88XX (international device - can't remember the number) is delayed.

Nothing additional reported on software.

Verizon Storm in November and the Pearl flip January 2009.

That is all.
By the way...did your friend know what version of 4.5 Verizon is going to release?

Hoping for .77...fixes an issue with one Podcast that BerryTunes won't play on 4.5.0.66.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #266
mdoog3

Model: 9550

Since applying 4.5.0.56 to my Verizon 8130, after a certain amount of time, holding down the mute button stops putting the device in standby. The only way to get it working again is to pull the battery. Has anyone else come across this problem or know how to fix it?

All the people that i inadvertently call while the phone is in my pocket and not in standby thank you in advance for any help on this.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #267
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Newer OS posted...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
Old 09-25-2008, 01:41 AM   #268
Ckacked_Berry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: MTS Mobility
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I changed the first post to reflect the new carrier download. Good find, folks! Sure would like to know why the MTS download was removed.
I am with MTS Mobility... The sales people at the MTS Connect Store Act as if the 4.5 version was never released by them and simply doesn't exist. I didn't get a warm feeling when I pointed it out to them yesterday... Very Creepy

If I had to guess, I would think it had something to do with their Data Plans as I am on their Exclusive Offer of $15 a month "Unlimited Email" Plan which was the bare minimum I could get away with and still have them even sell me a Blackberry. Otherwise you have to buy very high priced Data Plans starting at $25 CDN up to $65 CDN for 1 GB p/month with an overage of $1 per additional MB capped at maximum of $45 overage to give you unlimited usage (subject to customer’s use of the service being what we consider "normal use". Excessive use includes, without limitation, multimedia streaming, VOIP, or operating email, web, news, chart or similar services, etc.) all for a maximum of only $110 a month!

I can live with access to only email (3MB Video attachment Limit and 5MB Photo Attachment Limit per message) until the price drops... still waiting for affordable Data Plans up here in The Great White North.

My best guess is that the new 4.5 O/S would spike the Unlimited Email Data Usage as it offered HTML in email... and we couldn't have that now could we.

I could be wrong but who knows…

I do have a question for you though... Both of the BBforums threads advertise that the Virgin Mobile v4.5.0.82/4.5.0.56 and the newest offering through Cellular South being the v4.5.0.101 / 4.5.0.77 or v4.3.0.170/4.3.0.97 can be installed for any carrier, would they know I had this version unless I told them? Is there a possibility of carrier incompatibility?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #269
starla_marie07

Model: 1831
Carrier: alltel
Question hmm

I have alltel and after telling them what I wanted in a phone they didnt mention not being able to send pic msgs on my phone.( #2 thing I said I must have being able to send pics back and forth)I dl this link,works great only problem I have run into is on my DM my media wont open so in order to put new songs on my phone I have to use my card and do it the long way. Any one have any ide why this may be?

Last edited by starla_marie07; 10-16-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #270
Redflea

First - There is a newer and better version of the 4.5 OS for the 8130 Pearls...see the thread at the top of this forum. You should install that version.

Always look for the most recent version of the OS at the top of this forum, in the sticky threads.

Second - You can send images and receive them on the 8130...it's called MMS messages. You can compose one from the Messages view or from the SMS and MMS view. You can also select an image in the Media browser on the BB and click the BB button and select to send it.

Third - You don't need to use DM's Media Manager, which can be quite painful to use. Check that your Options>Media Card settings are set to:

- Mass Storage Mode Support: On
- Auto enable Mass Storage Mode...: On (or you can also choose the Prompt setting)

Connect your BB to your computer and the media card will show up as an additional drive on your PC. (If you selected the Prompt" setting then your BB will ask you if you want to enable Mass Storage mode when you connect - select Yes.)

Then simply copy images or music files or videos to the respective folders under "Blackberry" on your card.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #271
starla_marie07

Model: 1831
Carrier: alltel
Smile Works on alltel now

Ty for the reply,

The mms msging works great now that I have this dl on my phone.(being it was not even a option b4 and was told it wouldnt be for another month) A big must is being able to send out pics to family.Bit annoyed with alltels round about ways you truly can get no where with them it seems. And your right I think maybe having media not working on DM is not something I would go back to lower version for just so it will work.But just to let others know on alltel this is worth the time to dl.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #272
fitzybizzle

Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
Question

did anyone tried the 4.5 OS on Bell Mobility 8130 pearl ? there's so much version ...but Bell seems to propose only 4.3 !? im kind of lost !!
Closed Thread