BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
psymon119

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default 9630 Slowing Down (and other things)

Please Login to Remove!

I've owned my Blackberry Tour 9630 for almost 8 months now and I've noticed it really starting to slow down. SMS messages go into a "pending" state with a small square design before the radio wave/transmitting signal, sometimes for 10 seconds or more, though that long is rare. I delete my messages regularly, and this happens whether I have 1 or 100 messages on my BB.

Just a side note, my carrier is US Cellular, which means my Tour doesn't use a SIM card and my messages aren't being stored on one (I've seen that solution posted on a few other forums for the same problem.)

Another problem I'm having deals with locking or unlocking my Tour. Often when I go to unlock my Tour, the keypad lights up, but the screen stays dark for a LONG time. At longest this happens 30 seconds to a minute. Sometimes the keypad doesn't light up either. The first time this happened I thought my phone had died but it unlocked shortly after.

I've removed the battery to reset it, deleted all of my messages, I have PLENTY of space on both my SD card(1.7GB of 1.8GB) and my device's internal memory (82.5MB).

If this were a computer I feel like the memory cache would need to be cleared or like temporary files removed. (Oh I also cleared the device's event log but that had no effect.)

So if anyone has any helpful insight as to a solution I would be most grateful. Much Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: 9630 Slowing Down (and other things)

Not sure why but you can consider using JL_CMDER and the resettofactory option. This will at least do a reset. If you added many Apps that may be an issue. If you decide to do this make sure you do a full backup first.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

How's your signal quality/strength?

May want to check the application switch to see what apps are actively running and/or remove any unneeded apps.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
psymon119

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular

I only have the Facebook and Twitter app installed and they don't run unless I open them. (They're not running now.)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Sign out of Twitter and see if that helps, even though you do not see it in your application switcher it is still running/updating in the background.

(Same with FB, but sign off of one first) That was the primary reason I went back to SocialScope.. I found my BB lagged a bit more with the RIM twitter going.

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread