Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
dhendriksen
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Connecting to BES after OS Upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, I am not a BES admin but I have a question for you guys.

I am using desktop manager 4.7, and am using it on my company computer that is connected to my exchange server. The desktop manager shows it is online with the messaging system, and I can execute functional changes to things like filters and email signature. Here is my problem though (and it is probably just my mis-understanding): I cannot reconnect to the bes using desktop manager after an OS update. Everytime I switch devices or I update the OS I need to get a hold of my BES admin and request a new password for wireless activation. I thought that my computer was supposed to automatically do that! Is it not supposed to? If it is supposed to, why isn't it? It is frustrating for me because I am in outside sales and rely on my phone. Our BES admin has other duties here as well, and is understandably slow sometimes in issuing a new password, all the while I am without functionality. Plus, I know it is getting on his nerves with me asking for new password as often as I do.

Do you guys know how I can reactivate on the BES using desktop manager???

Thanks,

Dan.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
aglenn

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Your BES admin has to issue the password to you. My advice is to pick a handheld OS version and just stick with it for a while.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit

Dan, I wonder whether your company has blocked desktop activations via IT Policy. It might be worth checking with your BES Admin.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
dhendriksen
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

This question may sound stupid to some of you, but I am wondering how I would know if the activation has started? I just updated my OS again and have my computer hooked up to the desktop manager. How will I know if/when it has started to activate?
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen View Post
This question may sound stupid to some of you, but I am wondering how I would know if the activation has started? I just updated my OS again and have my computer hooked up to the desktop manager. How will I know if/when it has started to activate?
Go to options>advanced>enterprise activation and check the date. If an activation is in progress it should be obvious, otherwise the date will indicate the last date of an EA.
Closed Thread