Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
dyusem
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Curve 8310 operating issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using my ATT Curve 8310 for 11 months and it has operated perfectly during that time. The device has never been dropped or abused however earlier today, and all of a sudden during a call it began muting/un-muting itself and then once that bug disappeared and I ended the call, I began receiving incoming "messages" that just included time stamps.

I was unable to determine what was occurring however a short while later I had receive more than 20 of those "messages". After deleting those messages my track ball stopped responding to clicks -- it will still scroll.

I am able to receive/send calls and I am receiving email and SMS however I am unable to click to retrieve email/SMS and I cannot click down anywhere to determine what may be wrong withe the device.

I have pulled the battery a couple of times and it is still not properly functioning.

This sounds like a software issue and I am still running the OS that came with the phone (I believe a flavor of 4.2) however OS 4.5.0.55 has been sitting on my PC's desktop for a couple of weeks and I am wondering if that would fix these problems.

Any chance that someone has experienced this bizarre behavior and/or could someone provide some whether this is something that I can fix or if I should send it to RIM and exchange it for a replacement device ???

Thanks in advance!
David

Last edited by dyusem; 09-27-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Old 09-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4

I have never experienced such an issue but it looks some files in the OS might have gone corrupt for some reason and that is why you are experiencing such weird issues. I would suggest migrating to the latest and till today the best OS 4.5.0.81. I have seen people complaining about bugs in .55 which have been fixed in the next versions.

Go to this thread to upgrade to the latest OS...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html
Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
dyusem

Default Raja...

...thanks for the feedback. I am wondering if I should first install OS 4.2 as the device was functioning perfectly before something became corrupted or I should feel comfortable installing OS 4.5.0.81.

Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
dyusem

Default Resolution

A software bug or two was responsible for the problem however reinstalling the OS was not able to repair the trackball click so I took it into the ATT service center in Colma, CA and they replaced the phone.

Very unsure how stable software can all of a sudden go south when absolutely no changes were made in the settings or anything related to the OS but that was the case and IMHO, problematic and I hope isolated.
Closed Thread