Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Ljay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Rogers update and 2GB micro

Please Login to Remove!

Just received my 2GB micro sd today that I won on the Bay two weeks ago for 68 bucks shipped. I had planned on using it in my new digital camera until there was an update for the pearl...now there is no need to wait...just like people have been saying "2GB will work if you have the Rogers update"...installed it tonight and check out the free space....SWEET !!!

Ljay
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
CableGuy711
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hmmm what happened to all the people who said it didnt work. lol
Old 10-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Ljay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711
Hmmm what happened to all the people who said it didnt work. lol
@CableGuy711...I think it's all about the firmware. I updated to the Rogers firmware the day it was released (can't remember why ) the only noticeable benefit I got from it...at the time was a slighty quicker browser and a better playing BrickBreaker game. I'm no expert but, to me...it seems that the inability to read the larger SD cards came from the T-MO people tweaking the firmware...for whatever reason...I'm not balsy enough to revert back to the T-MO firmware to proove my theory but, I do believe the people that said the 2GB cards didn't work...just my .02

Ljay
Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

I can confirm that a 2GB card did not work with the Pearl with the original T-Mobile OS that came pre loaded. Once I upgraded to the Rogers update the 2GB card worked.

The 2GB card did not and does not work with the older T-Mobile OS. This is a known issue even acknowledged by RIM.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
sol_mate

Model: 7100R
Default 2gb support on Rogers BB 8100

So what firmware are you using that allows the use for the 2bg card? I recently went onto the rogers.com/blackberrysoftware site and there were no updates available?

I have: Handheld V4.2.0.5.1(Platform 2.2.0.32)
Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.4.28
Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

I beg to differ the OS on the download is 4.2.0.51 here is the link!
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
gryzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitty
I can confirm that a 2GB card did not work with the Pearl with the original T-Mobile OS that came pre loaded. Once I upgraded to the Rogers update the 2GB card worked.

The 2GB card did not and does not work with the older T-Mobile OS. This is a known issue even acknowledged by RIM.
It sort of pisses me off when people don't read through the threads before writing on here. I was the original person who posted that the 2gig SDcard worked with the Rogers update. Nobody ever claimed that it worked with the T-Mobile firmware. Where do people come up with these things?

Oh yeah, the depths of their minds.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
ImagineParadise
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryzing
It sort of pisses me off when people don't read through the threads before writing on here. I was the original person who posted that the 2gig SDcard worked with the Rogers update. Nobody ever claimed that it worked with the T-Mobile firmware. Where do people come up with these things?

You know what pisses me off? People complaining that people should be expected to figure out that deep inside a thread entitled "I like grapes" that there is something to do with "wine".

That other thread had about 75%, at best, relevence related to the 2 gig problem. Dont start flaming because someone had the motivation to start a more spicific thread dealing with an issue or subject.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:54 AM   #9
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryzing

Credit where credit is due. You were indeed the first person to state that the 2GB card worked with the Rogers update, and you posted in the proper place (the long Rogers firmware thread). So thank you.

What is really sucked is that in that same thread there were one or two people who made the false claim that the 2GB card did not work with Rogers.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
rxbracho

Carrier: AT&T

Can anybody help me on how one gets the Rogers update to the actual phone? I've downloaded and installed it in my PC but when I connect and synchronize it doesn't ask me to update the firmware in the phone. I don't know if there are settings in the synchronize options or something else that I need to do, it just doesn't believe that I want to update my phone. Could it be because it's an unlocked phone? Thanks in advance
Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbracho
Can anybody help me on how one gets the Rogers update to the actual phone? I've downloaded and installed it in my PC but when I connect and synchronize it doesn't ask me to update the firmware in the phone. I don't know if there are settings in the synchronize options or something else that I need to do, it just doesn't believe that I want to update my phone. Could it be because it's an unlocked phone? Thanks in advance
The directions are in this thread. http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-2-0-51-a.html

~MrKyoo
Old 10-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
Mark_Venture

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile (w) - Verizon (P)

has anyone tried to fill the 2gig card up?

the Moto V3M can see the free space on a 2gig card, but has problems once you put on more than about 1.1gig...
Old 10-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #13
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
has anyone tried to fill the 2gig card up?

the Moto V3M can see the free space on a 2gig card, but has problems once you put on more than about 1.1gig...
Yes I have my 2GB card nearly filled to capacity with mp3's. Works great!!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #14
Dan Kucer

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

I can't seem to find the intructions to update the firm where.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #15
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kucer
http://www.blackberryforums.com/349772-post11.html

~MrKyoo
Old 10-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
aleki

PIN: .
Carrier: T-Mobile
Smile Upgrading BlackBerry Handheld Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kucer
I found these instructions to be very easy to use especially for a balckberry novice like myself. Hope they help.

Put http in front of this .... supportcingular.atgnow.com/cng/knowledgebase/KB58124.html

Do not start off by installing the Rogers update. First you have to download and install the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Make sure it can connect to your phone by going to Options > Connection Settings and specifying how the phone is connected (USB).

Close the Desktop Manager, disconnect the phone from the PC and then install the Rogers Update as described in these instructions. Make a note of when to reconnect the phone. You do however want to back up and restore your application data. This is what I used and it worked fine.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:31 AM   #17
Dan Kucer

Model: 8300

I am soooo frustrated. I have tried 5 or 6 times now to read the isntructions and install the desktop software first and then the firmware update but it just doesnt recognize either file. Pleaassssssee can someone please walk me through it? I would be very greatful.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #18
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

1) Make sure you are using the most up to date Desktop Manager if not download it.

2) Download either the Rogers or o2 update

3) Install the program but don't start the desktop manager.

4) Once the update has installed go into: My Computer/C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader then delete the Vendor.xml file

-- Once you have removed the Vendor.xml file you can close everything up then start your desktop manager and plug in your BlackBerry. You should be given a prompt for the upgrade.

* Side Note: If you have downloaded the modified .alx file to unlock the extra carrier themes you copy it into: My Computer/C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files (open the folder) you will be asked this file already exists do you want to replace say yes.

(DO THIS BEFORE YOU START DESKTOP LOADER)

Then after that you can start desktop loader and it will give you a prompt for the upgrade.

That's exactly what I did and I had no issues doing my upgrades with my Pearl.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 AM   #19
mikee1680

Carrier: t-mobile

that wouldh've been perfect if the 8100 had a video.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #20
dropscience

Model: 8800

rogers is internally having problems with the pearl right now. it's an internal memo that went around. it was posted on howard forums the other day but the idiot moderator in the rogers forum deleted the thread. the moderator is also a rogers sales guy - conflict of interest anyone?
Closed Thread