Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell
Default Problems with BIS 2.0 Client

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

I have a BB 8100 on Rogers using the BIS client (2.0) and am having routine problems not receiving mail. For what it's worth, I've been using the 1.X BIS (or web client) for years without problems.

My theory is that there are bugs in the servers on RIM's or Rogers' end related to mail storage space, since the BIS 2.0 account removed the feature related to web account space. That is, if I went over a certain amount of web mail space on the old system, I would stop getting emails (as they clearly state in the service agreements, FAQ's, etc.). Now that I have no way of knowing how much space I use, I have no way of managing this.

A rogers tech rep told me they have removed the cap on BIS 2.X accounts. I strongly feel either he is mistaken or they have bugs in the new system, since after spending close to an hour with the tech rep: deleting and resending service books, deleting mail accounts, deleting my entire BIS account, etc., I still couldn't get email. The trick that finally sorted it out was when I tried selecting every message on my handheld and deleted them (on the handheld and the "mailbox" as it says).

If this isn't an indication that there is a space cap or bugs related to legacy space caps, etc., I don't know what is. BTW, I use the default "keep messages for 30 days" settings, as I always did with my old BB and BIS 1.X account.

This may force me back to an 8700 from the Pearl, since I can't be wondering if my BB is working or not and why or why not.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Be aware that although there may not be storage limitation on BIS 2.x there is an 8MB limit on each message sent. You can read below. Additionally, BIS 1.x will soon be gone as each carrier is upgrading to BIS 2.x

Livelink - Redirection
Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
...using the BIS client (2.0) and am having routine problems not receiving mail. For what it's worth, I've been using the 1.X BIS (or web client) for years without problems...
I've seen this with a few of my customers. The following steps seem to have cleared up the problem:

1) within BIS delete all active email accounts.

2) resend service books to the device and wait several minutes to ensure that the device has received and integrated the changes.

3) add the required email accounts

4) resend service books to the device.
Closed Thread