BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #601
TonyEye
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: NoMas
Carrier: NOT AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

After all the tweaking and updating I've come to one conclusion...

I absolutely abhor this device and I can't wait to get rid of it. Using this on AT&T has been (and continues to be) nothing but a headache. I've owned a lot of Blackberry devices and this is by far the worst.

JSanders, thank you for the help -- you have the patience of a saint. I'm getting a 9700 on Thursday...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #602
bufbt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

JSanders-

I have a Bell 9630 that i unlocked and now use w/ t-mobile - however, there is NO internet browser Icon to access t-zones, or the few free websites t-mobile provides (espn, yahoo). I can't install the 5.0 software as it says i need a blackberry plan first? when i did find the icon after searching, it says "your device does not currently have browser configuration service book entries - please contact your service provider to enable the browser"... also, i cannot send MMS messages....so:

A) do i need to sign up on a blackberry plan first so i can install these service books, then cancel it (i dont need e-mail or unlimited web, the few free sites are fine for me)

B) when and how do i install the 5.0 sotware

C) why cant i send picture messages?

D) when i unlocked a att curve to use on t-mobile i had none of these problems.. it set it all up on its own and i got right on to t-zones and the free sites... this Tour is very complicated and difficult

also, when on a call, where it says "my number" it still shows the original owners phone number! haha... i have a lot going on here so i hope you or the board can make this easy.. appreciate any help

BT

Last edited by bufbt; 06-20-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #603
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

bufbt, absolutely yes, you must have the BIS Data Plan on your device to send the Service Books, get MMS (which requires Service Books) and to upgrade the device to OS 5.

To change the number on the device, scroll back up to the earlier part of this thread and yo'll find where it's been answered.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #604
bufbt

Thank you JSanders.. i have the service packets now, and am able to send mms messages-- the only thing i still cant do is install 5.0 software-- it's showing in my desktop manager, but it has a little star next to it saying "only active blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install....." i have the active service now with t-mobile.. what can i do?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #605
okader
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: At&t

great post JSanders i followed the steps in your post and it worked. yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaa but few hours after i got the email service books and the icons they just disappeared strange ha? but i continued to receive emails but show unknown in the "delivered by" section. the email setting menu is blank and i cant send email due to service not available error message.i will keep resending the service books again and again. what do you think is the problem?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #606
okader
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: At&t

okay after many service book sends, so far soooooo good. every thing is working fine. thank you JSanders.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #607
lilraider

Model: 9530
Carrier: t-mobile

plz help!
i have the blackberry storm and i've been having problems i just got my phone in Febuary and until last week it was working perfectly! t-mobile cant seem to get my service books sent to my phone! i dont have broswer buttons or cant send or receive picture messages! now t-mobile said that verizon may have sent an update to block browser setting and block the service books what can i do i love my storm! plz advise!
jesse
Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #608
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You're out of luck for now, until a solution is found. Apparently -- from what I have read -- the existing generic service books which were allowing your Storm to work on Tmobile have been discontinued and not updated yet. For now, there is nothing you can do.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #609
lilraider

but there is a chance there will be a solution in the future! at least thats promising!thanks i really dont want to go to verizon for this phone!
but this is my first BB and i love the large screen! other BB screens are too small and i dont like the key pads!
thanks again!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #610
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yea, I hope there is a chance.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #611
bufbt

I now have 5.0.0.732 installed but seem to have lost the standby/mute key function to put it into standby... can i make that button work again to use standby? or how else can i find it? ..... almost got this all figured out now, haha

and any way to have a timestamp again in SMS messages? in stead of having to scroll up to the messages

Last edited by bufbt; 06-22-2010 at 09:08 PM..
Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #612
hyperj

Model: 8320

STORM 2 now working on tmobile here in pa.
using epc.tmobile.com
full EDGE , facebook,gmail.yahoomail,sms,mms,facebook,bbappwor ld.......
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #613
Sam K
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Unlocked Tour 9630 on BES w/ AT&T

JSanders,

Blackberry Messenger won't open on my unlocked Verizon Tour 9630 on AT&T. I know this thread is for Storm on AT&T/T-Mobile but the same instructions apply to the Tour 9630. The first time I setup my unlocked 9630 on AT&T using your instructions, BBM was working fine. I just updated it to the latest OS version 5.0.0.732 and now BBM won't open. I used the same steps as the first time except I had to add one additional step. Before manually loading the service books, I had to go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books and type alt+SBEB so that I got "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" which would allow me to manually load the AT&T service book file. (I believe that Storm/Storm2 users must type a different set of keys in order to get "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" on those devices.)

Anyway, I completed the rest of the steps to the reload net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod file and then I logged onto AT&T BIS page and pushed the service books but I still can't open BBM.

I saw your post on the Blackberry.com support forums about deleting the "BBFS2 [BBIMConfig]" and "BBFS2 [BBIM]" service books and then resending service books from the AT&T BIS site so I did that but I still can't open BBM. One thing strange happened on my device after I reloaded those 2 service books. The number of outstanding BBM conversations changed from 2 to 4 in my status bar at the top of the screen. I'm sure nobody else IMed me because I only have 3 people in my BBM contact list so I can't possibly have 4 BBM conversations. I also have another service book "BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]" that you didn't mention and I'm not sure what the difference is between BBFS1 and BBFS2.

The fact that I needed to get the "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" tells me that RIM changed something with the way they handle service books in the newer versions of the OS or something changed on the AT&T BIS.

I forgot to mention that this Tour 9630 is also activated on a company BES but since I know the administrators, they gave me full admin rights in the IT policy so that I could do everything I needed to do in order to set it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I was able to fix the problem by deleting BBM and reinstalling it. I had tried simply installing the new BBM version over the one included with the OS but that didn't work. I needed to delete and then reinstall.

Last edited by Sam K; 06-24-2010 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Found solution
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 AM   #614
rlister39

Model: 9550

I am using a Storm 2 9550 unlocked and on the T-Mobile network. Initially I experienced a great deal of edge/EDGE issues. After a while it seemed to go away.

I do notice that when I try to run TCP/IP apps, it will go back to edge. For me, BBM and Email are all that I really need.

I do have some questions. If I were to upgrade my OS from 5.0.0.320 to the current release, would I lose my 'TMOBILE' modifications ? Would I need to reconfigure it again ?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #615
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlister39 View Post
I do have some questions. If I were to upgrade my OS from 5.0.0.320 to the current release, would I lose my 'TMOBILE' modifications ? Would I need to reconfigure it again ?
Yes, you would need to follow the complete list of steps as outline in the initial post in this thread.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #616
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam K View Post

Edit: I was able to fix the problem by deleting BBM and reinstalling it. I had tried simply installing the new BBM version over the one included with the OS but that didn't work. I needed to delete and then reinstall.
Good deal, Sam K, glad you got it working.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #617
rlister39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yes, you would need to follow the complete list of steps as outline in the initial post in this thread.
I did upgrade to 5.0.0.713 via the wireless update. After I did this, I did not have to reinstall anything. The BB 9550 worked great and actually holds EDGE better than before. I still experience edge when running certain TCP/IP apps, but otherwise email, bbm, sms, pin, and web browser works great.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #618
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Thanks for the update, I've heard most these Tmobile customers were getting their connection back.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #619
videofx

Carrier: AT&T

Hi all!

Just bought my Blackberry 9550 on Ebay, If I use the latest firmware 1206 will I still be able to get my Blackberry Enterprise Email on my new phone from AT&T?

Thanks in advance! Cant wait ot get the phone and up and running on AT&T
Old 08-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #620
bossalini

Carrier: AT&T

Do you know where i can find an active link to download the att servicebooks?