BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #41
Velcrohead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I've been using Opera Mini ever since I have had my pearl. I can't stand the way the BlackBerry browser mutilates web pages by making them WAY to big for the pearls screen. Not to mention its quite slow in the experience I have had with it.

Opera Mini with a font size of small makes the screen similar to working on my desktop. And when I need to download OTA applications it switches to the BB Browser interface, which is great that way it identifies which blackberry I have.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #42
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T

One of the things that tempted me to consider the T-Mo Dash was the fabulous real-time internet (webpages really look like your computer screen!). I jusr downloaded Opera and it seems to come close to real-time internet so I am pretty happy with it and I will use it for most of my fun browsing but will still use the stock browser for secure stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller
I do find OM3 a little faster but my dislike for the full size text entry screens that pop up instead of being able to just type in the field about evens the score for me. I also dont like you cant use the normal BB shortcut keys (ie...3 for up, 9 for down, etc..).

I am in no way knocking it but I cant really find anything OM3 does that the built in BB one cant except for signing into MySpace. People keep saying it can do this and that but I cant find any site except MySpace that is different.
^^Don't know if this is posted anywhere but if you press the # button and wait a second, it will list a page of shortcuts.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #43
HashGordon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: Airtel

opera mini seems to be the world's best Mobile Browser, even better than Opera Mobile. That would be the first application to install on any mobile phone I get!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #44
dlanemarker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

I use both. I use Opera Mini for regular web browsing like email, directions and myspace and only use the BB browser for OTA downloads and when/if I want to download a picture or something like that.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM   #45
skateboarder873
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Is there a way to download Opera Mini and install it via USB, so i don't have to spend the money downloading the 143688 kb file?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #46
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
True; you can use 0 for page down, but the other key shortcuts don't work. You can, however, scroll the trackball left to right to skip up and down the page quickly.
Gads, ppl still view sites in WAP for forums? Too painful. Although I still view WallStreet Journal's mobile site in WAP until recently its down.

Using the Trackball to go UP (Left) and Down (Right) a page at a time is the biggest improvement I've come across any devices webbrowser - its practical & intuitive. RIM can learn a LOT for such a small application.

> I wish the RIM browser didn't allow us to select a bar or border (thats part of a banner or fill in space (like above when you go through a thread, the color space between a members name, time & date of their post before their actual post is selectable by a box when I pearl down/up - WHY? its useless to me or anyone else).

Are these same limitations in the 8800 or the upcoming 8820?!

> Time for me to play with those BB Browser settings.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #47
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask if you like
Carrier: AT&T

I like Opera for the most part, but have to agree that both are needed sometimes depending upon what you are trying to do.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #48
NEWBIE BERRY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T MO

So let me get this straight..... OM is not really secure and its possible that the opera people can get our passwords and stuff like that? And our only choices for browsers is the default BB browser and OM?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #49
Dranakin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

I never got OM to work for me.
Closed Thread