Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #21
vporter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Apple
PIN: I'll show you mine if you show me yours
Carrier: AT&T... Cingular... Definitely AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I was a bb user and recently switched to an iphone but everyday I miss something about the bb. Both phones do what they do very well but the bb is better at most. Honestly, the main reason I stick with the iphone right now is because of the multimedia functions. I miss real push email but I don't have the absolute need for it in my new job as I did in my last job. I also like not having to worry about getting a trackball dirty.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #22
bbkiller

Model: 8100
PIN: 23E95291
Carrier: cingular

////?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #23
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkiller View Post
////?
Are you surprised at all the debate your post sparked? After all that in the first post, this is all you have to add?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #24
bbkiller

No.. Just wanted to let everyone konw who was bashing the iphone in some of the other post ive read that it really is a good phone. I wasnt going to get one from all of the post that ive read on here but im glad that I did becouse just about everything they were bashing wasnt true. I still like bb just wish they made a phone that could match that of the iphone is all. Maybe one day they will then I will get it.. But i think its going to take them a year or so before they come close to what apple has now..Just think what apple will have in a year..
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #25
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Sounds like the iPhone is for you and the BlackBerry is not. Aside from the browser, what does the iPhone do for you that the BB was not able to? There are plenty of OTA applications and from what I've read, BB has something similar to the AppStore that Apple has.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #26
CO_BBTechie

3 more updates that cause more problems than they fix?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #27
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
3 more updates that cause more problems than they fix?
Darn, maybe Microsoft did buy Apple.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #28
CO_BBTechie

ROFL.... ok you may have something there... but back to the point at hand

Can't wait to see the new line of MicroTosh devices!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #29
bbkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Sounds like the iPhone is for you and the BlackBerry is not. Aside from the browser, what does the iPhone do for you that the BB was not able to? There are plenty of OTA applications and from what I've read, BB has something similar to the AppStore that Apple has.
well besides the browser Its faster in operation i dont have memory leaks, I would have to say the bb is awesome at the profile options but I like the ease of use..I was always checking my memory on my bb dont have that problem anymore. I have a program (Dtunes)on there i use alot that lets me download my music( Ive had it downloading with out wifi at 200+kbs) for free and you cant beat that. Tons of usefull apps. I Do a lot of mods to my car and it has a dyno app that tells hp 0-60 and 1/4 miles. Really to many to name..Even thought you could set profiles on the bb and really cant on the iphone it isnt that big of deal to me. I really like the fact you can change anything on the phone that you would like to change. Plus the email of coruse. The exchange server it fast enough for me..my life doesnt depend on getting an email as soon as some one sends it. Really just everything is better in my opion. And like I said before everyting is OTA on the iphone. I really dont use the app store on my iphone becouse you have to pay for it but there is a easy work around to getting everyting free that is a big plus. It only comes with a camra but ive cracked it to take video. I stream live video from my phone. It didnt come with camara effects but now I have tons of effects. I have Video ringtones tons of usefull stuff. I can hook my phone up to a tv in high def and watch my movies(that was the main reason i got the phone) It comes in handy on vacations and trips. I can down load movies off the net and shoot them to my computer when i get home with out a cable hooked to my computer. Sure bb is awesome at reciving email fast but you dont get to view it in full html and that is crappy. There is really to much to list. I feel that the bb was just made for email and text messages really(not bashing it) but like i said i would much rather it be a bb in my pocket but they dont have a phone that can keep me happy right now. I hope they do soon. I will be one of the first to get one but intill then im all iphone.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

As I said, the iPhone is more for you than the BlackBerry. I am not saying the iPhone is a bad phone or product, it's not. It just isn't for everyone, likewise for the BlackBerry.

For me, email is a MUST, as well as security. You mentioned cracking the iPhone to make it do what you need to. I see that as a potential security issue. I am a BES user, not a BIS user, so our outlooks on what we need in a device will most likely differ. I need a more corporate oriented device. Also, I am running GroupWise and compatibility with GW and the iPhone isn't as smooth as it is with Exchange. There are solutions for this which I am currently looking into.

I am glad you found a device that fits your needs, as I have one that fits mine.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #31
bbkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
As I said, the iPhone is more for you than the BlackBerry. I am not saying the iPhone is a bad phone or product, it's not. It just isn't for everyone, likewise for the BlackBerry.

For me, email is a MUST, as well as security. You mentioned cracking the iPhone to make it do what you need to. I see that as a potential security issue. I am a BES user, not a BIS user, so our outlooks on what we need in a device will most likely differ. I need a more corporate oriented device. Also, I am running GroupWise and compatibility with GW and the iPhone isn't as smooth as it is with Exchange. There are solutions for this which I am currently looking into.

I am glad you found a device that fits your needs, as I have one that fits mine.
I dont know how secure my email is with the iphone but I really dont have vital information sent to me on my email though. I posted this only for the fact that some of the forums on here arent true. Im happy with my iphone now but I will be watching for a bb that can do the same for me that the iphone can. I would probalby still use my bb if I could watch my videos on a tv with it. Another sweet app on the iphone is Iremote which lets you control you itunes via wifi on your computer. I have a projector that is hooked in to my computer so anything I have in my itunes i can control with my iphone and dont have to touch my computer. you can also have this hooked up to your ac, lights, and much more. And the screen size is a big plus for me.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #32
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Not only does this phone not have cut and paste you can't select stuff to delete.

But idk last I remebered to adhoc a devices kills the network Internet connection. But hey what do I know all my laptops came with remotes. Why would you want to upsale from an ipod to a 1080p tv beats me but the quality has to be aweful, heck my tv in non hd programing makes me want to turn it off. iTunes only offers 720p max. thats so 2001. My remote can control my laptop and my laptop can stream full 1080p movies off the net. Idk I look for quality. Only thing the iPhone has over a blackberry is build quality. It is a sturdier case. The rest less the web browser is junk

oh and how do you remove the youtube link on the iphone, since the quailty is so bad makes me not want to goto youtube also.

last edit: can you name 1 feature besides the mobile safari that actually better then a blackberry? heck even better then a winmobile device?

i cant the only thing i see from this is a web browser but heck that thing messes us too, and goes to landscape mode and wont switch when you move it. oh wait you can hit the home key, then start it again so it fixes it self! theirs a good work around!

Last edited by wabbit; 10-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Language
Old 10-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #33
wabbit

Wirelessly posted

oh and this was written on a 3g ijunk
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #34
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Wabbit I edited your post for language above. Please try to keep the debate professional.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #35
wabbit

i'm sorry, that phone really types what it wants to :(
Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #36
ge0rge007

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VODAFONE GR

bbkiller have a look at blackberry storm...I think that you dont know it...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #37
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

wabbit always knows how to take a discussion and turn it into and argument. good work.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #38
techluvr1234
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

I'm with you! I love my iPhone 3G!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #39
holden

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
Darn, maybe Microsoft did buy Apple.
LOL

Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #40
MarkF
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: ATT

We have 8 BES, 10K users. I am asked daily about when we will support an iPhone and when I really press people on what they are missing out on, their responses boil down to 'BBKiller's: they want to download music.

"I dont know how secure my email is with the iphone..."

Bingo, it's my job to know that and that's why we won't support it in it's present state

Cheers
Mark
Closed Thread