Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #41
JRUNCK
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Great Title / Great Trash Talking. I think anyone using a BB for non business purposes should turn their water mark sticker yellow with some wiz and choose the smart decision and upgrade the to an iPhone. The Storm HA!!!!!!! You can't be serious carrying one of those around. There isn't one good reason to buy one of those at all. You can list them all day and you will just sound stupid.

And to the people who don't know what they are talking about when it comes to upgrading your OS and then bricking your phone on an iphone or not being able to upgrade to the latest OS while having it jailbroken. You can do that with no problems at all Restore / Upgrade / Jailbreak. Done!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #42
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
Sry, I didn't see that... actually I see "My thumbs hurt" under his name

it was more of a redundant question... as we all know the iPhone doesnt send MMS to cell phones, and it doesnt have a flash.
Wow, 2 deal breakers there.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #44
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

Poor horse....
Old 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
Chevyguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Apple
PIN: Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
That is the difference between an open minded person and a "fan boy". Congratulations, you are the former.
I am whatever I choose to be, but thank you, compliment accepted.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #46
Chevyguy

Quote:
Am I the only one that laughed at this?? I mean natively MyPhone is better then that iPhone...Why is it that I only read about how much better the iPhone is AFTER you jailbreak it?? the last time I checked I bought a phone/device because of how it works out of the box, not because I wanted to change things on it to work how I need it to...

BTW, please do me a favor with your iPhone... take a picture in a low lit area, I want to see how well the flash works on the camera! and then send it to me in an MMS, please... Thanx!
Night camera, night vision, clear cam, so on, and so on , etc, etc, !! I DID miss the flash on my BB, but there are endless apps and tools to make up for that and then some.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #47
Chevyguy

Quote:
Sry, I didn't see that... actually I see "My thumbs hurt" under his name

it was more of a redundant question... as we all know the iPhone doesnt send MMS to cell phones, and it doesnt have a flash.
SwirlyMMS, google search.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #48
341EastOf

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
That is awesome. haha
Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #49
Serkle K

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy View Post
Night camera, night vision, clear cam, so on, and so on , etc, etc, !! I DID miss the flash on my BB, but there are endless apps and tools to make up for that and then some.
Quote:
SwirlyMMS, google search.
out of the box... and out of the box... check the box or guide book for specs... If you feel so inclined, you can try a google search too... but I can always just check the specs page
Old 02-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #50
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

When I read the list of useless eye candy whack off functionality, I thought the whole post was a joke... Was the guy actually serious, or was that meant to be sarcastic. He really doesn't think that list makes the iPhone great, does he...?
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 02-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #51
Chevyguy

Quote:
out of the box... and out of the box... check the box or guide book for specs... If you feel so inclined, you can try a google search too... but I can always just check the specs page
Out of the box ? My 8310 didn't come with a video camera, ability to watch Youtube video's , and many other features..OUT OF THE BOX. That's what upgrades are for, you use them because of the features and functionality they give you. Look at how many upgrades there are constantly on this website. Point is, its available to make your device more suitable or enjoyable whether its an upgrade or jailbreak. Check your specs page all you want, your still gonna be back right here trying to find the latest and greatest for your device. No need to google search, I did my homework and decided on what suits my individual needs best, iPhone.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #52
Chevyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
When I read the list of useless eye candy whack off functionality, I thought the whole post was a joke... Was the guy actually serious, or was that meant to be sarcastic. He really doesn't think that list makes the iPhone great, does he...?
he probably does think it makes the iPhone great and probably was serious to. But its just his own opinion. Useless ? I would have to disagree on that though.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #53
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

The OP took some personal liberties via a PM with a couple of moderators here regarding certain matters normally reserved for the bedroom.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #54
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqstatus05 View Post
While some of you have no choice in using BB's because of work reason others may like it's simplicity. I for one can't live with all the software problems it has and only have one because it's given to me free by my company. I only use it for BB messenger and that's it.

Anyway I just want to brag and tell you guys how awesome my iPhone is (Once you jailbreak it)

Here are the reason why my iPhone is the best phone on the market:

I have video ringtones. A video plays when I get a call and I can assign everyone a different video whether it be a music video, home video, etc.

Accelerometer makes everything so much better for games, and different utilities, too many to name.

Time Crisis on my iPhone, yes people the game. This is where the accelerometer comes in.

Panoramic Photos so I can take up to 5 pictures and combine them into one long landscape picture.

I can blow on my iPhones speaker and play the Ocarina (it's an app from appstore, youtube it)

I don't get software issues on my iPhone at all. Once in a blue blue blueee moon you'll get a freeze. Nothing that a reboot can't fix.

Live video streaming so I can record videos on my iPhonea and random peole and friends can view it live on the internet while I'm recording!!

So many other things I can do. This does everything except wipe my ass but hopefully that'll be in the next update.

I just wanted to brag about this because I laugh everytime I come to this site and read everyones problems. I have a heart so that's why I help out because I once felt your pain. I fix these phones every single day and know them top to bottom, left to right.

Anyway guys make the switch you won't be disappointed.
i've owned 3 blackberries in the past, all of which i experimented loading the latest & beta OS's....

i've had less problems in the last 3 years with BBs than i've had with 4 different ipods.

hey man, if you wanna join a crowd that think's it's ok to publish an App that makes your phone fart, be my guest. that's the company you support when you buy an iphone.

at least RIM doesn't have to sweat that hard to acomplish the same market share, and that's because they just make good stuff that just works.

Last edited by zero7404; 02-17-2009 at 02:00 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #55
dasunst3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

My reasons for not having an iPhone:
  1. I disagree with how Apple likes to lock everything down and charge out the nose for every little thing I want to do with my phone. It's MY phone.
  2. I'm on my parents' family plan, and it so happens they're on T-Mobile. The service is good and cheap.
  3. I like my push email, UMA, tactile feedback, and voice-activated dialing (it's worked for almost any name I've thrown at it)
  4. The white flash LED light is super-bright
  5. Loading music is as simple as plugging in your phone and drag-and-drop. No iTunes required. The database is generated on the phone itself.
  6. My phone isn't a fingerprint magnet
Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #56
kevintech
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

wow he can blow into his iphone. now he can practice. too bad my blackberry cant make me better at blowing
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #57
Serkle K

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Out of the box ? My 8310 didn't come with a video camera, ability to watch Youtube video's , and many other features..OUT OF THE BOX. That's what upgrades are for, you use them because of the features and functionality they give you. Look at how many upgrades there are constantly on this website. Point is, its available to make your device more suitable or enjoyable whether its an upgrade or jailbreak. Check your specs page all you want, your still gonna be back right here trying to find the latest and greatest for your device. No need to google search, I did my homework and decided on what suits my individual needs best, iPhone.
Maybe your 8310 didn't, but my bold does! thats the to having different models. Not everyone is the same, so why give them all the same phone, with all the same apps. IMO if you have to jailbreak/"heavily" modify something just to get it to do what you want, it's clearly not what you want! It's something you want others to want cause you have it, but it's still not what you want. Or else you would have just bought something that does what you want it to do right from point of sale.

As far as trying to find the "Latest and greatest" I suggest you check my posts, I don't post asking people what other apps are out there, I have very few apps running on my Bold and I didn't have to hack, jailbreak, or modify it from how it came right out of the box for it to work the way I need it to.

And my apologies if this sounds harsh, it's not my intention at all, but you decided what suits your needs best was a device that didn't do what you needed it to do as soon as you bought it?

And IMO, there's a huge difference between OS upgrade/updates, and jailbreaking... One of these things is not like the other.

Last edited by Serkle K; 02-17-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #58
arcurlyq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

It's really all about what you're going to be using the device for. If your primary need involves surfing the web, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and updating your Facebook profile, then by all means go with the iPhone. However, for those of us with actual professional and personal lives (read: Adults), the BB is the way to go. For example, I need instant access/notification of emails to a variety of accounts, task lists, and a really good calendar to keep track of my life.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #59
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurlyq View Post
It's really all about what you're going to be using the device for. If your primary need involves surfing the web, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and updating your Facebook profile, then by all means go with the iPhone. However, for those of us with actual professional and personal lives (read: Adults), the BB is the way to go. For example, I need instant access/notification of emails to a variety of accounts, task lists, and a really good calendar to keep track of my life.
To be clear, the iPhone and BlackBerry can co-exist peacefully in an adult's life. My iPhone 3G lives happily in my pocket and my Bold happily in its pouch. The iPhone is my house phone, and the Bold is my office.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #60
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

I smell something fishy here.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread