DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen View Post
but only carry both if I am going on an Airplane and want to watch a movie, or read a book on the iPhone.
I've heard that from others, and I just shake my head. If I'm going on an airplane, 9 times out of 10 its for business - and why on earth would I want to watch a movie on the iPhone screen rather than the 15" diagonal screen on my ThinkPad? As for books - audible.com - I listen to them on the plane - using my BlackBerry and the AudibleAir app.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
bmahler

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Yep

Yep, I have a blackberry as well as an IPhone.

My wife thinks I'm nuts...
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #23
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Our illustrious forum owner sports a BB 8800 and an iPhone. The iPhone isn't a bad device. It just doesn't do everything a BB does and the BB doesn't do some things as well as the iPhone does.

LOL, exactly what JC said. I tried to get rid of one device but its simply not possible. We need a iBlackBerry, which would satisfy both phones specifications.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #24
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
LOL, exactly what JC said. I tried to get rid of one device but its simply not possible. We need a iBlackBerry, which would satisfy both phones specifications.
Blackberry Storm?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #25
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

... I still haven't found what an iPhone does for me. But then I have no desire to watch videos and carry around multi-gig of music. HTML email is cool and all; sure would like push email though.

1 week in, its nice, it gets oohs and awws, still not sure what else it gives me. Someone wanna sell me on why I should love the iPhone? I really want to; especially as I'm going to have to support it for corporations that want it.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
bc7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I do currently carry both. I have the iPhone for my personal phone, and a BB 8700 for my work device. I really like the iPhone for the same obvious reasons as most people do, and as I'm sure you will having had the iPod Touch. The iPod is great to always have on you, especially if you can use your Apple headset for making and receiving phone calls while you listen to the iPod. The online browsing is fantastic. I actually prefer to text from my BB as opposed to the iPhone, but what can you do?

With all that being said, I do plan on switching from my iPhone to the BB Bold when it comes out this summer. Just don't tell my wife that
Old 05-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #27
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Having owned an iPod Touch since they came out I'm seriously thinking of buying an iPhone to use along with my BB 8820. As I'm extremely BB focused and receive work emails (BES) 24x7, I'm wondering about the logistics of carrying two devices where one is purely work and one is for "fun". Anyone doing this regularly? As I read work emails nights, weekends, and vacations, I can't just ditch the BB during those periods (yeah I need a life).

I don't ever see the iPhone replacing my BB even with the upcoming Activesync Exchange support (although we probably will allow Exchange attach in the future).

I do not want this to turn into a BB vs iPhone discussion, as I already understand the pros and cons of both quite well. I'm just curious if I will get my $500 worth of "fun" out of the iPhone while I'm still "tethered" to my BB for most of my waking hours .
Thoughts??
I myself own both, but use them in reverse. My iPhone is my work device and my Blackberry is my personal device. Like you I used to own a iPod Touch and after a few months I was starting to look at the iPhone since it had a phone and camera on top of what the touch had. I finally caved 3 months into my iPod Touch ownership and picked up a iPhone. I say go for it, you won't regret it one bit, just sell your Touch to recoup some of your cash back.
Closed Thread